OFO prepares Pops in the Park concertThe Ozark Festival Orchestra has begun rehearsals for the final concert of its 39th season, its annual Pops in the Park presentation, planned for Sunday, April 14 at the Monett City Park Casino. This...
Schroeder completes MML trainingBrenna Schroeder, a trustee with the Village of Freistatt, has earned the prestigious designation of Certified Municipal Official from the Missouri Municipal Leagueís Municipal Governance Institute....
- Building construction strong in 2018 in Monett
- Dentist pleads guilty to fraud
- Monett Council approves safety leave program
- Pierce City School Board Questionnaire: Carl Younker
- Pierce City School Board Questionnaire: Kodie OíHara
- Pierce City School Board Questionnaire: Zachary A. Renkoski
- Monett Historical Society sees Rogers photo show
- Ministerial Association continuing Lent services
- DECA students head for state
- News in brief
- ODET seizes 115 grams of meth in Barry County (3/22/19)
- Two experienced candidates seek Verona mayorís job (3/20/19)1
- Monett looks to expand preschool (3/20/19)
- Ambulance board reviews new unit specs (3/20/19)
- Properties, issues assessed in city of Purdy (3/20/19)
- ODET seizes 115 grams of meth in Barry County
- Gasoline leak prompts cleanup at Sixth, Cleveland
- District pods released by MSHSAA
- Monett man dies after being hit by car
- The legacy of dioxin
- More fish for the taking after new regulation passes
- Properties, issues assessed in city of Purdy
- Construction continues on Pierce City office, corridor
- News in brief
- Monett looks to expand preschool
- Cubs canít fly with JaysSometimes, Lady Luck does not shine upon your face. Monett found that out the hard way on Thursday in the form of a 12-2, 6-inning loss to Marshfield. The Cubs, 2-1, made both mental and physical mistakes in the game, according to Coach Michael Calhoun, but the game, above all else, will serve as a teaching tool for the remainder of the year...
Roaring River Opening Day 2019 (3/6/19)
Opening day of trout season at Roaring River State Park near Cassville (3/6/19)
Quarterfinal round 2019 state wrestling (2/15/19)
2019 MSHSAA Wrestling Champinships (2/14/19)
Nurses and friends visit the Missouri Veterans Home in Mt. Vernon (12/24/18)
Christmas Eve 2018 (12/24/18)
Purdy Christmas parade (12/17/18)
Verona Christmas parade (12/17/18)
Local Entertainment and Events March 14-21TOP PICKS 1. Springfield Symphony and university choirs present Verdi's "Requiem" Saturday 2. 41st annual Model Railroad Association Train Show at Springfield Expo Center 3. Final performances of the girls soccer play "The Wolves" at Theatre Squared in Fayetteville
Ribbon cutting ceremonies held for Archerís Bow Media (3/20/19)Ribbon cutting ceremonies were held at the Monett Chamber of Commerce office for Archerís Bow Media and Marketing.
Ribbon cutting for Jami Lynnís held (3/13/19)Ribbon cutting ceremonies by the Monett Chamber of Commerce have been held at Jami Lynnís Dinners To Go at 13th and East Cleveland in Monett.
Alice Foster (3/23/19)Alice Meador Foster, age 98, passed away on Thursday, March 21, 2019, at Lacoba Care Center. Mrs. Foster was born November 18, 1920, to Elmer and Bess Jones Meador at the Meador Farm which is now...
Gail Bennett (3/23/19)Gail Diann Bennett, 78, of Mt. Vernon, died at 7:14 a.m. on Sunday, March 17, at Cox South Hospital in Springfield. Memorial services were at 1 p.m. on Thursday, March 28, at Chesapeake Baptist...
Nora Call (3/23/19)Nora Jean Call, 87, of Miller, died at 5:30 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 15, at the Missouri Veterans Home in Mt. Vernon. She was born July 21, 1931, in Miller, the daughter of Jess and Ada (Catlett) Call. A...
Wallace Garner (3/23/19)Wallace Ray Garner, 69, of Mt. Vernon, died Tuesday, March 19, at the NHC Healthcare in Joplin. A visitation was held Friday, March 22, at the Fossett-Mosher Funeral Home in Mt. Vernon. Funeral...
Linda Hinds (3/23/19)Linda H. Hinds, 71, of Pierce City, died Thursday, March 21, at Bentonview Park Health and Rehab in Monett. Arrangements are pending at this time under the personal care and direction of Buchanan...
Newal Masri (3/23/19)Nawal S. Masri, 80, of Monett, died Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at Cox South Hospital in Springfield. His wishes were to be cremated, with services at a later date. Arrangements have been entrusted to...
Services OfferedQUALITY MOWING at a low price. Call or text for a free estimate. Kimsey 417-665-9742 or Kirk 417-434-4697.
Help WantedPOULTRY FARM Manager, Purdy, MO- Wanted farm manager for thriving layer house operation. Including 2 x 600 ft. houses & 1 x 800 ft. house. Job duties include: overseeing day to day operations, feeding, organizing and supervising workers who gather eggs and walk birds and floor eggs, maintenance and repairing equipment inside and outside of poultry houses. Experience is a must, need at least 3 references, will check all references. Serious inquiries only! Flexible hours, room for...
Garage SalesGARAGE SALE 1401 N. 17th Street, Monett. March 30, 9:00-1:00. Leftovers from estate sale, all kinds of items, really cheap!
Services OfferedRUFF CUTS Dog Grooming now taking appointments. Also offering Pet setting in your home. Call Kelly 235-0600.
Latest State News