Pierce City house fire expected to be complete lossFirefighters from Monett city and rural departments as well as Freistatt joined Pierce City firemen to battle a blaze at 402 N. Pine in Pierce City Tuesday. Firefighters were dispatched shortly after...
Through a son’s eyesWhat does war do to a man, and how does building a family after spending years fighting for your life change things for a father? Wayne Speer, a WWII Pacific combat veteran, joined the U.S. Army Jan....
- Verona voters approve transportation sales tax (11/8/19)
- New grant-funded program coming to Monett schools (11/8/19)1
- Verona schools see enrollment dip (11/8/19)
- Monett High School fall play set for Nov. 14, 15 (11/8/19)
- Kiwanis pancake supper draws crowd (11/8/19)
- News in brief (11/8/19)
- Cupps cruises to Special Election win (11/6/19)
- Fitzpatrick officially announces for treasurer (11/6/19)
- Joplin man charged with murder (11/6/19)
- Prosecution of mailbox theft suspect expands (11/6/19)
- Pierce City school district receives audit report (11/6/19)
- Death row inmate dies in prison (11/6/19)
- Internet service proposal comes to Freistatt (11/6/19)
- Hargett freed on $10,000 bond (11/6/19)
- Scott Tech JROTC cadets to open Vets Day programs (11/6/19)
- Marionville teacher pleads not guilty (11/6/19)
- Property tax statements mailed to bi-county owners (11/6/19)
- Booth brothers bring gospel in song to Monett (11/6/19)
- Walnut season to run through Nov. 11 (11/6/19)
- Firefighters raise $3,100 to help fight breast cancer (11/6/19)
- Prosecution of mailbox theft suspect expands
- Through a son’s eyes
- New grant-funded program coming to Monett schools
- Monett High School fall play set for Nov. 14, 15
- ‘Are you ready for war, boy?’
- Death row inmate dies in prison
- Lawrence County court news
- Two earn volleyball honors
- Verona voters approve transportation sales tax
- Joplin man charged with murder
- Eagles bound for district title gameChanse Ford scored three first-half touchdowns as Pierce City (11-0) rallied past Miller, 45-13, to advance to the district title game for the third straight year. Miller (9-2) came into the game looking to avenge the loan blemish on its record, a 13-7 loss to the same Eagles just three weeks ago...
Monett YMCA Trunk or Treat (10/30/19)
Monett High School homecoming parade (10/11/19)
Urban Cowboy Rodeo (10/2/19)
FOOTBALL: Monett at Cassville, Barry County Brawl (9-13-19) (9/13/19)
Wheaton BBQ (8/28/19)
Dog days of summer close with doggy dunkin’ (8/17/19)
Festival fun abounds (8/17/19)
First day of school in Monett, Verona (8/14/19)
Jack Henry names additional leadership changes (11/6/19)Monett-based Jack Henry & Associates has announced Shanon McLachlan will be appointed president of its Symitar division. After an extensive interview process, McLachlan was selected to replace...
The Glass Shop joins Aurora Chamber (10/18/19)The Glass Shop at 327 S. Madison in Aurora recently had a ribbon cutting ceremony, hosted by the Aurora Chamber of Commerce.
Paul Brown (11/8/19)Paul Thomas Brown, 53, of Marionville, passed away Monday, Nov. 4, at the Ozarks Methodist Manor in Marionville. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 10, at the Valley View...
Patricia Dotson (11/8/19)Patricia Faith Dotson, 82, of Monett, died Wednesday Nov. 6, at her home. Visitation is being held on Tuesday, Nov. 12, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Bennett-Wormington Funeral Home in Monett. Funeral...
Cody Mabry (11/8/19)Cody Mabry, 33, of Washburn, died Tuesday, Nov. 5. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12, at Fohn Funeral Home in Cassville. Burial will be at Cargile Cemetery in Washburn....
Verdayne Stockton (11/8/19)Huey “Verdayne” Stockton, 78, of Shell Knob, died Tuesday, Nov. 5. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 9, at Fohn Funeral Home in Cassville. Burial will be at Mineral Springs...
Neal Westra (11/8/19)Neal Evert Westra, 29, of Pierce City, died Saturday, Nov. 2. The family will receive friends from 10-11:00 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 11, at Buchanan Funeral Home. Funeral services will follow at 11 a.m....
Neal Westra (11/6/19)Neal Evert Westra, age 29, of Pierce City, Mo., was called home by his Heavenly Father unexpectedly on Saturday, November 2, 2019. Neal was born on August 18, 1990, in Joplin, Mo., son of Gary Neil...
Houses for RentHOUSE FOR rent in Monett. Large 2 bedroom, 1 bath, front porch, partial basement, and detached car garage. $550 + deposit. Call 839-1930 or 235-6564.
Mobile Homes for RentFOR RENT mobile home in quiet country park, Monett. 2 bedroom and 1 bathroom. $425 + deposit. Call 839-1930 or 235-6564.
Apartments for RentEFFICIENCY ALL electric, includes refrigerator, oak cabinets. $425 a month all utilities paid. Monett. Available Now! 235-9839.
Houses for RentNICE 2 bdrm 1 ba house for rent in Pierce City. C/ha, stove, and refrigerator furnished, detached garage, handicapped accessible. Absolutely no pets, no smokers. Must have references. $650 a month, $650 deposit. 476-3079.
Latest State News
- Neglected heartland seen as key to Brexit-dominated election
- Israel vows to keep hitting militants as 18 killed in Gaza
- Venice flooding nearly touches level of infamous 1966 flood
- Afghan capital's air pollution may be even deadlier than war
- Uncertainty in Bolivia as senator claims interim presidency