Roaring River recognized with Governor’s AwardRoaring River State Park Hatchery employees traveled to the Missouri Capitol on Thursday to receive the Governor’s Award for its First Hole program. Paul Spurgeon, Roaring River Hatchery manager,...
Homecoming this week at Purdy High SchoolPurdy High School celebrates Homecoming this week with special activities and a basketball contest Friday against the Sparta Trojans. This year’s theme is “Kick Your Boots Off and Stay Awhile.”...
- Monett schools likely to act on construction plan (1/15/20)3
- Cox College expanding its footprint into Monett (1/15/20)
- Demo contracts approved for Kelly Creek buyout (1/15/20)2
- Man charged for making bomb threat (1/15/20)
- BarCo Soils and Crops Conference to focus on forage (1/15/20)
- 100+ Women support Development Center (1/15/20)
- News in brief (1/15/20)
- Races emerging for April 7 election (1/11/20)
- Lawrence County budget facing broad growth (1/11/20)
- Second man charged with murder of Coy Cole (1/11/20)
- No bi-county medical marijuana manufacturing licenses locally (1/11/20)1
- Reading successfully can be a state of mind (1/11/20)
- Monett Middle schools wins Samsung contest (1/11/20)
- Monett school district reports technology gains (1/11/20)
- Mural message promotes encouragement (1/11/20)
- Reading grows with practice (1/11/20)
- News in brief (1/11/20)
- 4 injured in Purdy wreck (1/9/20)
- Thieves target area vehicles (1/8/20)
- Group aims to own Jenkins bridge soon (1/8/20)
- Man charged for making bomb threat
- Roaring River recognized with Governor’s Award
- A decade after the McDonald’s fire
- Cox Monett celebrates ‘Best Places to Work’ honor
- 100+ Women support Development Center
- New Monett public works building nears completion
- Monett schools likely to act on construction plan
- Murray Bishoff: Tip of the hat
- Cox College expanding its footprint into Monett
- Demo contracts approved for Kelly Creek buyout
- Cubs confident at mid-pointWith the midway point of the season now past for the Monett wrestling team, the Cubs’ coaches have taken time to see where they stand and where they believe they can go. They feel good about their prospects. “I think we are right where we need to be physically, weight-wise and conditioning-wise,” said Daryl Bradley, Monett coach. “We have competed in four tournaments in a short amount of time, and you can see things coming together.”...
Verona Christmas parade (12/16/19)
Monett Christmas parade (12/16/19)
Monett YMCA Trunk or Treat (10/30/19)
Monett High School homecoming parade (10/11/19)
Urban Cowboy Rodeo (10/2/19)
FOOTBALL: Monett at Cassville, Barry County Brawl (9-13-19) (9/13/19)
Wheaton BBQ (8/28/19)
Dog days of summer close with doggy dunkin’ (8/17/19)
Carol Olsen (1/15/20)On the morning of Dec 10, 2019, in Olympia, Washington, C.J. Olsen (Carol Buehler-Shepherd) went to be with the Lord after a four-year battle with cancer. She was 74 years old. C.J. was born in Mt...
Harold Mettlach (1/15/20)Harold Mettlach, 84, of Joplin, died Jan. 10 at Freeman Hospital in Joplin. Survivors include his wife, Loretta; son, Russell; daughter, Valerie (Robert) Duley; brother, Kenneth (Sue); three...
Dr. Olen Copper, DDS (1/15/20)Dr. Orval Olen Copper, DDS, 94, of Monett, died Monday, Jan. 13, at Lacoba Homes in Monett. Visitation is being held on Wednesday, Jan. 15, from 6-8 p.m. at the Bennett-Wormington Funeral Home in...
Ryan Hodgson (1/15/20)Ryan Hodgson, 43, of Wylie, Texas, died Monday, Jan. 6. Funeral services will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 18, at Fohn Funeral Home in Cassville. Burial will be at Monett IOOF Cemetery in Monett....
Timothy Hughes (1/15/20)Timothy J. Hughes, 70, of Belton, died Saturday, Jan. 11, at Carnegie Village Rehabilitation and Health Center in Belton. Graveside services will be held at 2:30 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 17 at Van Buren...
Billy Moore (1/15/20)Billy Earl Moore, 90, of Shell Knob, died Friday, Jan. 10. Graveside services with military honors will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 15, Lake Park Memorial Gardens in Shell Knob, under...
For LeaseLOCATION LOCATION location, prime business office for rent on highway 60 in Monett, MO. Call 417-230-2057.
general laborerGeneral Laborer Steel Tech of the Ozarks markets, designs, manufactures, and delivers pre-engineered metal buildings. We're looking for a new team member to join our manufacturing plant. Expect a hard working, family atmosphere with an...
Help WantedHELP WANTED: Looking for qualified advertising sales person for newspaper, magazine, and digital. Income will be commission based. Qualified person will have unlimited territory and the possibility for unlimited income. Send resumes to email@example.com.
Houses for RentI HAVE very nice rental homes, varied number of bedrooms, the city of Monett. Call Max Easley at 417-235-6871 or 417-693-1024.
Latest State News