Dutch oven cooking brings magic to adventurous dinersDutch oven cooking master Larry Quinalty cooked a meal as a demonstration for the Barry-Lawrence Regional Library Monett Branch last Wednesday, then cooked a full meal for Drury University students...
Owner of dogs killed in Eagle Rock advocates at capitolFriday marked one month since Dani and Sam Johnson’s three labradors were shot to death and mutilated in Eagle Rock, and the owners say they plan to keep the pressure on the case, as it remains...
- Monett teen shot in apparent accident
- Prosecutor releases statement on case of dogs killed (4/19/18)
- Verona man airlifted after wreck (4/18/18)
- Monett schools making plans to install LED lights (4/18/18)
- Purdy aldermen review infrastructure improvements (4/18/18)
- Opportunity Zone approved for Monett (4/18/18)1
- Freistatt village board adopts new records ordinance (4/18/18)
- Crosslines in need of volunteers (4/18/18)
- Keltic Knot to play in Monett Friday (4/18/18)
- Purdy Prom brings out fashion, dancing moves (4/18/18)
- Orchestra offers musical petting zoo as part of concert (4/18/18)
- St. Mary’s pre-school class takes field trip to the ‘City’ (4/18/18)
- Conducting debut caps OFO concert (4/18/18)
- Playground rises in new Garrett park on Front Street (4/18/18)
- Wrestling continues after Verona swears in council (4/13/18)
- Prosecutor releases statement on case of dogs killed
- Verona man airlifted after wreck
- All alone in first
- Purdy Prom brings out fashion, dancing moves
- Picking off the win
- Owner of dogs killed in Eagle Rock advocates at capitol
- Opportunity Zone approved for Monett
- Monett schools making plans to install LED lights
- Middle School track team shines
- Conducting debut caps OFO concert
- Lady Cubs hold their ownLast week, the Monett girls track team faced tough tests at the Nixa and Pittsburg State University meets. It was a chance for the Lady Cubs to see where they stood with the best competition in the area. “We performed really well at the Pitt State Relays,” said Kelly George, Monett coach. “We set some new personal records and competed against some of the best competition we have seen all season...
Local Entertainment and Events April 19-26TOP PICKS 1. Springfield Symphony plays opera choruses, a Brahms song cycle and Tchaikovsky's "Sleeping Beauty" suite 2. 10th annual Pierce City Arts Festival runs Saturday at the Jolly Mill Park, west of Monett 3. Missouri Cherry Blossom Festival in Marshfield
Mary Cooper (4/20/18)Mary Maxine Cooper, 86, of Wheaton, died Sunday, April 15, in Greer, S.C. Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Satday, April 21, at Wheaton United Methodist Church. Burial will be at Mt. Pleasant...
Pamela Jean Ramsey (4/18/18)Pamela Jean Ramsey (Anderson), 71, passed away on Easter Sunday, April 1, 2018, in McKinney, Texas, surrounded by her family and loved ones. Pam was a Monett resident for over 20 years. Pam was born...
Robert Witt (4/18/18)Robert “Bob” Witt, 78, of Pierce City, died on Saturday, April 14, at his home in Pierce City. Mr. Witt was born in Barry County on Thursday, June 8, 1939. He was the son of Raymond and Marie...
Loren Barnes (4/18/18)Loren Alvin Barnes, 81, of rural Mt. Vernon, died Thursday, April 12, at the Aurora Nursing Center in Aurora. Visitation was held at Buchanan Funeral Home in Monett, Monday, April 16. Funeral...
Clarence Colley (4/18/18)Clarence Porter Colley, 68, of Mt. Vernon, died Saturday, April 14 at his home. A graveside service, under the direction of the Fossett-Mosher Funeral Home in Mt. Vernon will be held at 10 a.m. on...
Annetta Hilburn (4/18/18)Annetta Lea Hilburn, 80, of Aurora, died Saturday, April 14. Graveside services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, April 20, at Russell Cemetery in Butterfield, under direction of Fohn Funeral Home in...
Help WantedNOW ACCEPTING Applications: Outside Laborer. Must be able to work in dusty environments and various weather conditions. Weekday hours with some overtime. Extended Summer hours and weekends during harvest. Apply in person. Experience Necessary. Scoular (grain elevator), 8651 Farm Road 2115, Purdy, MO 65734.
Help WantedDRAFTER/ESTIMATOR wanted. Growing company is currently seeking a full time drafter. Knowledge of and experience using AUTOCAD is a must, 3D experience is a plus. Knowledge of materials take-off and steel detailing experience are a plus. Our company manufactures floating docks in Shell Knob, MO and constructs marinas all over the U.S.A. Compensation: Commensurate with experience for eligible candidate. Boat Dock Installer wanted. Travel required. Please call 417-858-8814 or forward your...
Houses for RentHOUSE FOR Rent. 3 bedroom, 2 bath Ranch with detached 2 car garage in nice neighborhood. 1 mile from Monett. $800 a month. Call 417-236-0417 and leave a message.
Help WantedUTILITY CONTRACTOR looking for year round truck driver with a Class A CDL, linemen, operators, ground men and laborers. Travel required. Needs ambition. 479-789-2550.