Wheaton students take victory at National History Day ContestJason Navarro, history teacher at Wheaton High School, is proud of his students, who will soon be receiving medals for achieving a great victory in a national contest. “A special year for Wheaton...
Former Monett para charged for sex with student1A former paraprofessional at the Monett school district was arrested on Sunday for alleged sexual contact with a student. Loryn Barclay, 24, of Monett, is charged with four counts of sexual contact...
- Sales tax tallies take sharp dip in June
- New alderman appointed in Purdy
- Purdy man turns self in for sex crime
- Purdy City Council adopts job descriptions
- Striking a balance between latchkey and helicopter parenting
- News in brief
- Waldensian Ice Cream Social set (6/27/17)
- Kelly Creek activity forces erosion repair (6/27/17)
- Motorcyclist receives minor injuries in Monett (6/27/17)
- News in brief (6/27/17)
- Pierce City woman injured in wreck (6/26/17)
- Teen injured in wreck Saturday (6/26/17)
- Cassville teen injured in Hwy. 112 wreck (6/26/17)
- Explanation of Pierce case angers ambulance board (6/24/17)1
- Bridge project beginning soon (6/24/17)
- Former Monett para charged for sex with student
- Fun, football and brotherhood
- Motorcyclist receives minor injuries in Monett
- Jared Lankford: A game worth waiting for
- Pierce City woman injured in wreck
- Kelly Creek activity forces erosion repair
- Waldensian Ice Cream Social set
- Cassville teen injured in Hwy. 112 wreck
- Bridge project beginning soon
- News in brief
- Ernst takes chance to go homeIt was one of the toughest meetings Eli Ernst ever endured. The Purdy girls coach summoned his players to his room near the end of the school year and blindsided them with the news that he would not be their coach for the 2017-2018 season. “They thought they were coming in to get their summer workout schedule,” Ernst said. “It was heartbreaking for me to look them in the eye and tell them I was moving on from the program.”...
Barry County Brawl: Alumni Edition (6/26/17)
Scott Joplin Ragtime Festival 2017 (6/16/17)
Trinity Lutheran Church Picnic in Freistatt (6/13/17)
30th annual St. Mary's Festival (6/7/17)
Pierce City Graduation (5/23/17)
Monett High School graduation (5/21/17)
Purdy vs. Strafford (State Championship) (5/21/17)
Purdy vs. Lincoln (State Semifinals) (5/20/17)
Jo Lynn Ford (6/28/17)Jo Lynn (Dacy) Ford, 58, of Monett, Mo., went home to peace and comfort with her Lord and Savior on Sunday, June 25, 2017, while in Cox-South Medical Center in Springfield, Mo. Jo Lynn was born on...
Donald O’Banion (6/28/17)Donald Lee O’Banion, 76, went to be with his Heavenly Father on Friday, June 16, 2017 surrounded by his family at his home in Monett. He was born in Pine Bluff, Ark., on Nov. 6, 1940, the son of Lee...
Dorothy Sigman (6/28/17)Dorothy Ruth Sigman, age 63, of Springfield, Mo., passed away on Monday, June 26, 2017, at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born on February 22, 1954, in McPherson, Kan., daughter of...
Darlene Murphy (6/28/17)Darlene J. Murphy, 73, of Cassville, died Sunday, June 25, at Mercy Hospital in Springfield. Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. on Friday, June 30, at the White Funeral Home and Crematory....
LaVeta Sherwood (6/27/17)Mary “LaVeta” Sherwood, 60, of Viola, died Wednesday, June 21. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, June 27, at Viola Baptist Church in Viola, under direction of Fohn Funeral Home in...
Jerry Sands (6/27/17)Jerry M. Sands, 49, of Aurora, died Monday, June 19, at the Mercy Hospital in Aurora. No services are planned at this time. Arrangements are under the direction of the Crafton-Cantrell Funeral Home,...
Antique Oak Chest of drawersAntique oak chest of drawers in good shape, just a couple of decorative handle decorations.
Reproduction of an Antique Wash BasinThis wash basin is 37 years old but looks like an antique. It has a light for ambiance and leaded glass front. It is in excellent condition.
Latest State News