ELL students launch drive to fund scholarshipStudents in the English Language Learners (ELL) program at both Monett Elementary and Monett Central Park Elementary schools have entered on an ambitious project to create products that can be sold...
Flyin’ Buzzards draw crowd at Monett LegionThe popular bluegrass and folk music ensemble the Flyin’ Buzzards, augmented by fiddle playing by Tony Hinkle, left, played for a crowd of around 70 on Saturday at the American Legion Home.
- Monett Children’s Center sees steady year in 2016 (3/22/17)
- Purdy R-2 bonds approved for sale (3/22/17)
- Monett man charged after slashing tire (3/22/17)
- News in brief (3/22/17)
- Man injured in Hwy. Z wreck (3/21/17)
- Arrest made for robbery at Herd’s Convenience Store (3/21/17)
- Preschoolers being screened at Central Elementary (3/21/17)
- New assistant principal named at Monett High School (3/21/17)
- Purdy man hurt in wreck (3/21/17)
- 2 injured in wreck north of Pierce City (3/21/17)
- Shell Knob woman injured in crash on Hwy. 248 (3/21/17)
- Making forensic magic happen (3/21/17)
- Foot-kickin’ bluegrass fun for baby at Legion concert (3/21/17)
- Harding University Chorus provides concert in Monett (3/21/17)
- News in brief (3/21/17)
- New assistant principal named at Monett High School
- 2 injured in wreck north of Pierce City
- Arrest made for robbery at Herd’s Convenience Store
- Purdy man hurt in wreck
- Cubs welcome Eagles to town
- Man injured in Hwy. Z wreck
- Preschoolers being screened at Central Elementary
- Making forensic magic happen
- Eagles invade Monett today
- Jeff Meredith: Monett Chamber director: Vote ‘yes’ on pool tax
- Lady Cubs making noise on the pitchAfter watching their male counterparts take second in the state last fall, members of the Monett girls soccer team are looking to make some noise themselves this spring. Since Friday, the team has played four games and managed a split (2-2). The start is the best in the program’s brief history. The Lady Cubs also finished second in the Fair Grove Tournament...
Roaring River Opening Day 2017 (3/3/17)
Daddy-Daughter Dance (2/28/17)
2017 State wrestling championships (2/18/17)
2016 Monett Christmas Parade (12/13/16)
Monett Football State Championship Welcome Home Parade (11/26/16)
PHOTOS: Monett vs. Maryville (11/26/16)
PHOTOS: Monett vs. McCluer South-Berkeley (11/19/16)
PHOTOS: Monett 48, Owensville 20 (11/12/16)
Local Entertainment and Events March 16-23TOP PICKS 1. Academy of St. Martin in the Fields orchestra plays Mozart, Shoshtakovich and Copland in Joplin 2. Touring production of "Motown: the Musical" at Tulsa Performing Arts Center 3. Law school places newspaper editor on trial for inciting 1923 lynching in Columbia, one show only
Something Different for a Change thrift store moves (3/18/17)The Something Different for a Change thrift store has relocated from Cleveland and 13th Street to 209 Third St. Owner Isaac Gripka hopes to continue his mission of providing a community service with...
New Jack Henry platform partners with Geezeo (3/18/17)Monett-based Jack Henry & Associates (JHA) has announced the availability of JHA Online Financial Management to aid financial institutions serve their customers better through online resources....
Students of the Month named at Scott Tech (3/11/17)Students of the Month have been named at the Scott Regional Technology Center for February.
Elementary Students of the Week named (3/11/17)Officials at Monett Elementary School have chosen students demonstrating the characteristics of being hardworking as Students of the Week for March 6.
Melvin Jaques (3/22/17)Melvin Lyle Jaques, 83, of Tulsa, Okla., passed away peacefully on Tuesday, December 27, 2016, at the Green Country Care Center. Born at home in Sapulpa, Okla., to Oscar and Thelma Jaques, he was...
Christine Davis (3/22/17)Christine Davis, 97, of Monett, Mo., passed away peacefully at home on Monday morning, March 20, 2017. Christine was born on September 3, 1919, in Purdy, Mo., daughter of the late Orville “Dutch”...
Avenell Carter (3/22/17)Avenell Carter, 82, of Shell Knob, died Monday, March 20. Services will be held at 11:00 a.m. Friday, March 24, at Shell Knob Church of Christ, under direction of Fohn Funeral Home in Shell Knob....
Ida Downs-Painter (3/22/17)Ida Belle Downs-Painter, 78, of Mt. Vernon, died Sunday, March 19, at her daughter’s home. A funeral service under the direction of the Fossett-Mosher Funeral Home in Mt. Vernon will be held at 2:00...
Randy Pendleton (3/22/17)Randall Leon “Randy” Pendleton, 57, of Mt. Vernon, died Saturday, March 18, at his home. A funeral service with full military honors will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, March 24, at the...
Jason Purvis (3/21/17)October 12, 1978, to March 12, 2017………… Now, for anybody that knew Jason, that is pretty much all he would feel needed to be said. He was a “No Fuss, Get to the Point” kind of guy. That being said,...
Help WantedCLERICAL/PAYROLL/ Accounting Assistant being hired by the Lawrence County Soil & Water Conservation District, a political subdivision. The full-time position requires a person who is self-motivated and have the ability to work independently in a fast pace environment. Candidates should have strong skills in accounting, payroll and associated taxes, and general clerical duties. This person should have the ability to read and understand technical text. Computer skills are a firm requirement. A...
Garage SalesLARGE SIZE men's & women's clothing. Men's waist 42-56, women's size 22-26, some brand new. Booth 123 &58 at Find It Again Antiques & Flea Market, Monett.
Garage Sales405 S. LINCOLN Rd, Monett. Saturday 7:30-Noon. Kids electric tractor & Barbie car, toys, kids clothes, boys-0-12, girls-0-16, adult women's-small, men's m-lg. North Shore table, chairs, buffet & hutch. 1949 Chevy Truck.
Services OfferedMOBILE POWER washing: house siding, paint stripping. Call if it needs cleaned. Insured 21 yrs. Welding + handyman services also. 417-236-4993.
Latest State News