All to the HallOf the nearly 1,000 people in attendance at the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame induction ceremonies in Springfield on Wednesday, almost 10 percent hailed from Monett as a former coach or player. The...
Boomin’ onions cause fireIt wasn’t the smell, or the tears, but an explosion connected to spontaneous combustion of onions that led to the destruction of two trailers at a farm southeast of Freistatt on Thursday. Fifteen...
- Monett police introducing new equipment (10/20/18)
- Chidlovski releases second book of family history (10/20/18)
- Monett Area Workshop celebrates 50 years (10/20/18)
- Habitat launches new partnership with realtors (10/20/18)
- Freistatt board adopts new record copy rule (10/20/18)
- Man injured in Hwy. 86 wreck (10/20/18)
- Monett man hurt in Freistatt wreck (10/20/18)
- Masons chicken dinners attract crowds (10/20/18)
- Trash truck tipping triggers aid (10/20/18)
- Memories live again through newspaper pages (10/20/18)
- Taking steps to avoid the flu (10/20/18)
- News in brief (10/20/18)
- Monett board looks at big picture during retreat (10/17/18)
- Man charged for selling narcotics to informant (10/17/18)
- Man charged in Purdy MFA theft (10/17/18)
- Trash truck tipping triggers aid
- All to the Hall
- Masons chicken dinners attract crowds
- Jared Lankford: Teaching the love of the game
- Inaugural Big 8 champs
- Boomin’ onions cause fire
- Monett man hurt in Freistatt wreck
- Campbell appears for arraignment
- Memories live again through newspaper pages
- Taking steps to avoid the flu
- Inaugural Big 8 champsFor trivia buffs, the answer to a million dollar question may be Monett swimming and diving if the question is, “Who won the first ever Big 8 swimming and diving meet?” On Tuesday, the Cubs ran away from the Big 8 field with 364 team points. Nevada was second with 252, and Logan-Rogersville finished third with 168...
Carolyn Sue Mills (10/20/18)Carolyn Sue Mills, 58, of Monett, Mo., passed from this life to her Heavenly home on Monday evening, October 15, 2018, while in the Bentonview Park Health and Rehabilitation Center following a brief...
Elmer Stellwagen (10/20/18)Elmer Henry Stellwagen, age 89, of rural Pierce City, Mo., passed from this life on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at Mercy Hospital in Springfield following a short illness. Elmer was born on June 20,...
Willis Finn (10/20/18)Willis Finn, 92, of Oklahoma City, Okla., died Tuesday, Oct. 16. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 27, at Buchanan Funeral Home. Rev. Mike Langford will be officiating....
Robert Holt (10/20/18)Robert W. Holt, 81, of Cassville, died Wednesday, Oct. 17. No services are scheduled at this time. Cremation arrangements are under direction of Fohn Funeral Home in Cassville.
Rodney Kreutzer (10/20/18)Rodney Lynn Kreutzer, 56, of Aurora, died Tuesday, Oct. 16, at his home. A funeral service, under the direction of the Crafton-Cantrell Funeral Home in Aurora, was held Oct. 19, at the Aurora Church...
Jim McGruder (10/20/18)James Charles “Jim” McGruder, 70, of Neosho, died Monday, Oct. 15. Funeral services were held Friday, Oct. 19, at Fohn Funeral Home in Cassville. Burial was at Maplewood Cemetery in Exeter.
Garage SaleSat. Oct 27, 8-noon. 604 School View Dr, off W. County. Christmas and fall decor, wrought iron bench and matching table, Christmas dishes, pictures, books and lots of misc.
Homes for Sale
Open House! All Brick Home in MonettOpen House Sunday Nov 4, 2-4 pm. Beautiful home with 3 bed, 2 ba. Open Concept with huge kitchen with nice island and lots of cabinets! Living area has w/b fireplace that is duct into whole house. Master has walk-in closet, Jacuzzi tub and double...
Hiring Evening Cleaners in Monett!Job Description Now hiring for evening cleaning positions, Monday through Friday, in Monett. Looking for someone that will take pride in their work and have reliable transportation. No experience necessary. This position pays weekly, offers direct...
Duplexes for RentONE BEDROOM apartment. Refrigerator, range, W/D hookup, water paid. No pets. $325/mo $325/deposit. 505 8th St., Monett. 417-772-7036.
Latest State News
- Judge upholds Monsanto verdict, cuts award to $78 million
- Judge upholds verdict saying Monsanto's weed killer caused worker's cancer, but cuts $287 million award to $78 million
- Chain reaction crash kills 1 near Arrowhead Stadium
- Man whose flatulence ended police interview pleads guilty
- 14 years after surviving gas chamber, St. Louis dog dies