Rural Monett home badly damaged in fireA stubborn rural Monett house fire and gusting wind conditions provided a major challenge for area firefighters on Monday. Firefighters received a report of flames through the roof of an unoccupied...
Monett city employees honored for serviceMonett city employees reaching a milestone of 10 years of service received pins in recognition of their work at the January City Council meeting.
- 911 sales tax on April ballot (1/23/19)1
- 6.6 pounds of meth seized in 2018 (1/23/19)
- CoxHealth employees to see larger paychecks (1/23/19)
- Crime on the rise in bi-county area (1/23/19)
- Monett agriculture conferences slated Feb. 12 (1/23/19)
- Cassville man injured in wreck (1/23/19)
- Man injured in Farm Road 1090 wreck (1/23/19)
- News in brief (1/23/19)
- Lawrence County budget finds ground for consensus (1/19/19)
- Filings close for April 2 election (1/19/19)
- Monett law enforcement, school take security step (1/19/19)
- 2 arrested after children test positive for meth (1/19/19)2
- Bob Mareth honored as Legionnaire of the Year (1/19/19)
- Youth mental health training offered in Monett (1/19/19)
- Pierce City students go all out for Homecoming week (1/19/19)
- Pierce City students go all out for Homecoming week
- 2 arrested after children test positive for meth
- Monett law enforcement, school take security step
- Lawrence County court news
- Lawrence County budget finds ground for consensus
- Bob Mareth honored as Legionnaire of the Year
- Filings close for April 2 election
- The royal treatment
- Weekend fire destroys home
- Youth mental health training offered in Monett
- Memories last longer than 8 secondsFew names in the pint-sized Barry County town of Exeter brought as much pride to the residents of the community as Mason Lowe. Lowe was the typical All-American boy. He grew up in the small town, played sports at the high school and had a dream that burned inside of him that no amount of water could extinguish...
Nurses and friends visit the Missouri Veterans Home in Mt. Vernon (12/24/18)
Christmas Eve 2018 (12/24/18)
Purdy Christmas parade (12/17/18)
Verona Christmas parade (12/17/18)
Pierce City Christmas parade (12/10/18)
Monett Christmas parade Dec. 8, 2018 (12/9/18)
Monett High School homecoming parade (9/28/18)
FOOTBALL: Pierce City hosts Lockwood (8/25/18)
Faye Foltz (1/23/19)Faye Katherine Foltz, 84, of Seligman, died Friday, Jan. 18. Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 23, at Fohn Funeral Home in Cassville. Burial will be at Viney Creek Cemetery in...
Carroll Patrick (1/23/19)Carroll Gene Patrick, 81, of Mt. Vernon, died Saturday, Jan. 19, at Cox South Hospital in Springfield. A visitation will be held from 1-2 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 24, at the First Christian Church in Mt....
Kenneth Sturgeon (1/23/19)Kenneth Carl Sturgeon, 95, of Stella, died Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019. Funeral services were held Tuesday, Jan. 22, at McQueen Funeral Home in Wheaton. Burial was at Muncie Chapel Cemetery in Wheaton.
Loren Williams (1/23/19)Loren Ray Williams, 73, of Monett, died Monday Jan. 21, at Mercy Hospital in Springfield. Memorial services are incomplete and will be announced upon completion. Arrangements have been entrusted to...
Rev. Garry Willoughby (1/23/19)Rev. Garry Martin Willoughby, 69, of Monett, died Saturday, Jan. 19, at Cox South Hospital in Springfield. Memorial services for Reverend Willoughby will be held at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 2, at...
Jean Landoll (1/19/19)Willa Jean Landoll, of Monett, passed away Dec. 15, 2018, at Mercy Hospital in Joplin following a brief illness. She was born June 3, 1931, the daughter of Dee and Ida Lathrop (Gilmore). She is...
Houses for RentFOR RENT: 2 bedroom, 1-1/2 bath in Monett. Call Debco Management at 417-881-3216 or email at email@example.com.
Help WantedSAVE-A-LOT NOW hiring part time cashiers and full time management, experience a must. Must be 18 years of age and able to work nights and weekends. Apply at 817 US Hwy 60, Monett, MO 65708
Help WantedLAWRENCE COUNTY Health Department has an immediate opening for a full time (35 hour/week) Registered Nurse. 2 Retirement plans, 13 paid Holidays, Generous vacation and sick benefits. Insurance available. Send resumes to Lawrence County Health Department, 105 W. North St., Mt. Vernon, MO 65712, fax 417-466-7485 or email Janella.Spencer@Lpha.mo.gov. Apply by February 6th. For more information call 417-466-2201.
Latest State News