Purdy school construction project taking shapeRevisions in the construction plan for the new FEMA shelter at the Purdy school district offered $100,000 in savings as school officials drew closer to awarding a construction contract....
Grape specialists tackle new problemsThe Southwest Research Center near Mt. Vernon is one of two places in the nation studying a new disease attacking vineyards. Dean Volenberg, with the plant sciences department at the University of...
- Hwy. 60 wreck turns fatal (9/20/17)
- City of Purdy passes new detailed livestock ordinance (9/20/17)
- City of Monett to name Lisa Crawford new city clerk (9/20/17)
- Food, music, fellowship draw crowds to Hispanic Heritage Festival (9/20/17)
- Walk to School Week underway in Monett (9/20/17)
- Tasty paw-paws provide treats for Field Day guests (9/20/17)
- Genetic testing touted as path to greater profits (9/20/17)
- News in brief (9/20/17)
- Horse in roadway causes wreck (9/19/17)
- 2 injured in wreck near Jolly Mill (9/19/17)
- New credit recovery strategy used at Monett (9/19/17)
- Monett police arrest man yelling at people at church (9/19/17)
- Pageantry, high spirits, nostalgia fills homecoming parade (9/19/17)
- Verona MAiZE salutes teachers (9/19/17)
- Marionville Applefest offers pageantry, entertainment (9/19/17)
- Hwy. 60 wreck turns fatal
- Verona MAiZE salutes teachers
- Biggest test of the season awaits Eagles
- Activities, food, fun attract crowds to Berean Fall Festival
- City of Purdy passes new detailed livestock ordinance
- Wildcats roaring into Brawl
- Monett police arrest man yelling at people at church
- 2 injured in wreck near Jolly Mill
- Horse in roadway causes wreck
- Food, music, fellowship draw crowds to Hispanic Heritage Festival
- Cubs look to defend rivalry hardwareWhile a three-game skid has damped the spirits of the defending Class 3 state champion, Monett (2-3) travels to Cassville on Friday with everything in the world to prove. The Wildcats (3-2) are fresh off a beatdown of St. James, 33-6, while the Cubs suffered their third consecutive loss in a row a 46-10 setback to Aurora...
Local Entertainment and Events Sept. 21-28TOP PICKS 1. Wonders of Wildlife Museum opens in Springfield 2. Matchbox 20 and Counting Crows perform at the Starlight Theater in Kansas City 3. 18th annual Bikes, Blues and BBQ Festival has live music on Dickson Street in Fayetteville and cooking at the Washington County Fairgrounds
Ribbon cutting for Bernie’s Floral and Vintage Gardens (9/16/17)Ribbon cutting ceremonies were held on Friday for Bernie’s Floral and Vintage Gardens, located at the former Wickman Gardens location on Highway 60, 1.5 miles east of Lowe’s.
Hamburg retires from Schreiber Foods (9/16/17)Tom Hamburg retired from Schreiber Foods in Monett on Sept. 7.
Karla Hoyt (9/20/17)Karla Ingrid (Johnson) Hoyt, 70, passed away on Tuesday, September 19, 2017, at Lacoba Homes in Monett. Born on November 7, 1946, in Sacramento, Calif., she was the daughter of Carl and Audrey...
Lavina Hartman (9/20/17)Lavina Jean (Green) Hartman, 74, of Monett, went to be with her Lord in Heaven on Friday, September 15, 2017, while at Lacoba Homes in Monett. She was born in Monett, Missouri, on May 5, 1943, the...
Maxine Akins (9/20/17)Maxine Akins, 92, of Exeter, died at Methodist Manor, Marionville, Sunday, Sept. 17. Under the direction of White Funeral Home and Crematory
Lloyd Allen (9/20/17)Lloyd Allen, 65, of Butterfield, passed away at his home on Saturday, Sept. 16, 2017. Memorial Services will be held Friday, Sept. 22, at White Funeral Home and Crematory, Cassville.
James Arthur (9/20/17)James Arthur, 69, of Cassville, died at his home on Friday, Sept. 15, 2017. Memorial services will be held Wednesday, Sept. 20, at White Funeral Home and Crematory, Cassville.
Ethel Gray (9/20/17)Ethel Dora Gray, 79, of Joplin, died Saturday, Sept. 16, at her home. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 23, at the Fossett-Mosher Funeral Home in Mt. Vernon. Burial will be...
Garage SalesMOVING SALE: Friday & Saturday 8-?. 203 Chestnut Apt. D, Monett.
ProduceTOMATOES! SLICING, Canning, U-Pik available. 10 miles West of Monett on Hwy 60. 417-476-5454.
Help WantedSCHOOL BUS Drivers: Regular and substitute positions. 401-K, dental, vision available. Sign on bonus possible for experienced drivers. CDL Class B, with S & P endorsements. Leave message 417-235-1866.
Help WantedPART TIME supervisor position is open at the Monett Area Workshop. Apply at 204 S. Central, Monett between 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday-Friday.
- Better late than never? Library book returned 78 years later
- Police: Shop owner fires warning shot, gets stolen beer back
- 300 bats caught by janitors at Salt Lake City high school
- Pennsylvania high school golfer has 2 holes-in-one in round
- In Alaska town packed with cabs, bootleggers give you a ride