Train-pickup collision sends teen to hospitalA collision between a 1995 Chevrolet pickup and a southbound Arkansas-Missouri freight train at 12:57 p.m. on Friday at the Washington Street crossing in Purdy sent the pickup driver to a Springfield...
Burst pipe leads to fire alarm at Judicial CenterCassville firefighters used a heat gun to check the wall and ceiling in the sally port at the Barry County Judicial Center after fire alarms brought first responders to the building just before 4...
- Cassville the coldest city in U.S. Wednesday (1/19/18)
- Races develop for Monett, Pierce City school boards (1/17/18)
- Double distribution boosts year-end sales tax totals (1/17/18)
- New city manager named in Purdy (1/17/18)
- Value of mineral supplements questioned for cattle (1/17/18)
- Bid opening scheduled for Purdy sewer project (1/17/18)
- No cases of chronic wasting disease found in Barry County (1/17/18)
- Loaves and Fishes suspends deliveries for two days (1/17/18)
- Dicamba threat prompts new approach to herbicide (1/17/18)
- Archeological discoveries unearthed in water main repair (1/17/18)
- Snowfall brings real winter to Monett area (1/17/18)
- Short city council meeting set for Friday (1/17/18)
- Purdy man injured in Route U wreck (1/17/18)
- News in brief (1/17/18)
- Schools calling off Wednesday classes (1/16/18)
- Races develop for Monett, Pierce City school boards
- New city manager named in Purdy
- Bid opening scheduled for Purdy sewer project
- No cases of chronic wasting disease found in Barry County
- Conditions crisp, smiles big on sledding hill Monday
- Snowfall brings real winter to Monett area
- Archeological discoveries unearthed in water main repair
- Burst pipe leads to fire alarm at Judicial Center
- Lady Cubs turning the corner on the court after defeating Aurora
- Cubs send Dawgs packing in overtime
- Cubs send Dawgs packing in overtimeAfter two gut-wrenching losses to Reeds Spring and McDonald County by a combined 8 points to begin the new year, there was some frustration mounting in the Monett basketball ranks. Coach Jeremy Land implored his team to stay the course and keep grinding, and he reminded them that it takes four quarters of grit to earn victories...
snow on Jan. 15, 2018 (1/15/18)
Snow in Monett Dec. 23 (12/23/17)
Purdy Christmas Parade (12/20/17)
Purdy Christmas parade (12/20/17)
Verona Christmas Parade (12/19/17)
Pierce City Christmas Parade (12/13/17)
Monett Christmas parade (12/13/17)
Pierce City hosts Thayer, District Championship (11/3/17)
Apogee closes Utah glass plant (1/13/18)Apogee, the parent company to EFCO Corporation in Monett, has announced a reorganization of its architectural glass restructuring division that will have no negative impact on local manufacturing....
JHA’s Symitar expands credit union service (1/6/18)Monett-based Jack Henry and Associates has announced its Symitar division has expanded its partnership with Member Driven Technologies (MDT) in providing service to the credit union sector of the...
Paul Stephens (1/17/18)Paul Dean Stephens, also known as Paul Bunyan, age 75, of Pierce City, Missouri, passed away on Friday, January 12, 2018, at Mercy Hospital in Joplin, Missouri. Mr. Stephens, son of Ivan and Thelma...
Ruby Collins (1/17/18)Ruby Collins, 76, of Cassville, died Friday, January 12. Funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m. Friday, Jan. 19 at Fohn Funeral Home in Cassville. Burial will be at Oak Hill Cemetery in...
Ka Lee (1/17/18)Ka Ying Lee, 62, of Fairview, died Wednesday, Jan. 10. Services will be held from 8 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 27, through Monday, Jan. 29, at McQueen Funeral Home in Wheaton. Burial will be at 10 a.m. Jan....
Oleta Linder (1/17/18)Oleta Linder, 91, of Monett died Wednesday Jan. 10 at Cedars Health Care in Lakewood, Colo. Visitation will be on Saturday Jan. 20 from 9-10 a.m. at the First United Methodist Church in Monett....
Maud Lynch (1/17/18)Delia “Maud” Lynch, 99, of Columbia, formerly of Mt. Vernon, died Tuesday, Jan. 9, at the Columbia Manor Care Center in Columbia. A graveside service, under the direction of the Fossett-Mosher...
Richard Murphy (1/17/18)Edward Richard Murphy, 62, of Wheaton, died Friday Jan. 5 at Cox South Hospital in Springfield. Graveside funeral services were held on Tuesday Jan. 16, at the Missouri Veteran’s Cemetery in...
Apartments for RentFOR RENT: 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment in Monett. Central H/A, W/D hook-ups. $495 deposit, $495 rent. Call 417-489-8883. Available now.
Houses for RentFOR RENT: 2 or 3 bedroom, 1 bath house in Aurora. $475 rent, $475 deposit. Available 2/1. 417-489-8883.
Help WantedSCHOOL BUS Drivers and Monitors needed. Call 235-1866 please leave name and number.