Little Medical School holds first graduationThe first graduation of the Little Medical School, a special program for third- and fourth-graders at Central Park Elementary School, was held last week, completing six after-school sessions. Lyndsi...
Purdy firefighters battle fire in plugged chimneyPurdy firefighters quickly stopped a flue fire at a home approximately one and a half miles east of Purdy on Highway C on Monday, shortly after 6 p.m. The fire was initially spotted by a passing...
- Juvenile Office sees spike in cases during 2018 (2/20/19)
- Wheaton officer saves family from fire (2/20/19)
- Cattlemen warned of pending market shifts this year (2/20/19)
- Monett Sheltered Workshop dips into final reserves (2/20/19)
- 2008 sidewalk project in Wheaton progresses (2/20/19)
- Wheaton considers semi-truck ordinance (2/20/19)
- Truck collision disrupts Hwy. 37 traffic in Purdy (2/20/19)
- Firefighters quickly stop tree fire (2/20/19)
- Young Artist hailed for artistry at OFO concert (2/20/19)
- ‘Fancy Nancy’ party puts on the glam at Central Park (2/20/19)
- News in brief (2/20/19)
- Public forum reviews Monett school facilities (2/16/19)
- Valentine’s party brings out the fun at Central Park (2/16/19)
- Pierce City moves ahead on water system projects (2/16/19)
- Jack Henry reports 8 percent revenue rise for quarter (2/16/19)
- No excuses necessary for Monett state wrestler
- Truck collision disrupts Hwy. 37 traffic in Purdy
- Wheaton officer saves family from fire
- Firefighters quickly stop tree fire
- Sue Hood: Purdy woman grieving death of library
- Purple reign
- ‘Fancy Nancy’ party puts on the glam at Central Park
- Purdy firefighters battle fire in plugged chimney
- Wheaton considers semi-truck ordinance
- Holding on for the title
- Holding on for the title1It was the longest 16 seconds of Karter Brink’s life. The Cubs junior 120-pound grappler clung to a 1-point lead, 4-3, over Sam Hrabovsky, of Fulton. Hrabovsky shot at Brinks legs and latched on, and with the match hanging in balance, Brink had one thought on his mind — hold on...
Quarterfinal round 2019 state wrestling (2/15/19)
2019 MSHSAA Wrestling Champinships (2/14/19)
Nurses and friends visit the Missouri Veterans Home in Mt. Vernon (12/24/18)
Christmas Eve 2018 (12/24/18)
Purdy Christmas parade (12/17/18)
Verona Christmas parade (12/17/18)
Pierce City Christmas parade (12/10/18)
Monett Christmas parade Dec. 8, 2018 (12/9/18)
Behavioral health services now offered at local clinics (2/20/19)Throughout the Ozarks, behavioral health has been identified as an area where there is great need. In response to this fact – and in line with changing approaches in health care – CoxHealth recently...
Making Memories Tours owner elected to NTA Board (2/13/19)A Missouri tour operator has been elected to the board of directors of the National Tour Association (NTA), a worldwide organization of travel professionals. Jerry Varner is owner of Making Memories...
Doris Morgan (2/20/19)Dorothy Mae “Doris” Morgan, 81, of Monett, Mo., departed this life on Tuesday morning, February 19, 2019, in the comfort of her home with family at her side. Doris was born on February 23, 1937,...
Lois Black (2/20/19)Lois Jean Black, 82, of Seligman, died Friday, Feb. 15. Graveside services were held Monday, Feb. 18, at Cargile Cemetery in Washburn, under direction of Fohn Funeral Home in Cassville.
Sue Brumley (2/20/19)Juanita “Sue” Susan Brumley, 82, of Powell, died Sunday, Feb. 17. Graveside services will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21, at Fox Cemetery in Powell, under direction of McQueen Funeral Home in...
Neola Moore (2/20/19)Neola Elizabeth Moore, 96, of Miller, died Thursday, Feb. 14, at Mercy Hospital in Joplin. A private family burial, under the direction of the Fossett-Mosher Funeral Home, in Mt. Vernon, will be held...
Myron Reed (2/20/19)Myron James Reed, 77, of Mt. Vernon, died Thursday, Feb. 14, at the Lawrence County Manor in Mt. Vernon. A graveside service, under the direction of the Fossett-Mosher Funeral Home, in Mt. Vernon,...
Glen Wormington (2/20/19)Glen Allen Wormington, 60, of Monett, died Saturday, Feb. 2, at his home. Memorial visitation will be held from noon until 2 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 22, at Buchanan Funeral Home. Graveside services will...
Houses for RentFOR RENT: 2 Bedroom Mobile Home, W/D furnished, Verona school. $300/month. $150 deposit. Call 417-498-6668.
Apartments for Rent600-700 FOGLE Ave, Aurora, MO. 2 bedroom, 1 bath, very clean, all remodeled, all electric, new central heat and air. Senior discount. Call 918-413-0417 leave message.
Miscellaneous for SaleFOR SALE: '02 Pop-up Camper- $3500, 2000 model Van- $700, and 5FT Brush Hog- $200. Call 417-442-9147.