COVID testing available in Monett, Pierce City
Old Town Pharmacy offers drive through service
Area residents needing to be tested for COVID-19 (coronavirus) may now do so at Old Town Pharmacy locations in both Monett and Pierce City.
Two tests are available, an antigen test, which is completed by nasal swab, will yield results in about 20-30 minutes in Monett, and in 30-45 minutes in Pierce City. Employees will call or e-mail patients with the results. Positive test results will be reported to the Barry County Health department.
The antibody test requires a blood sample, with results typically available within 48 hours. The test will reveal if an individual has had COVID in the past and subsequently recovered from the virus.
Although the pharmacy is not able to bill insurance, patients with health savings accounts (HSAs) can pay for testing with those cards. Most insurance companies will reimburse policy holders with appropriate documentation for testing costs.
A doctor’s order is not needed, and no appointment is necessary.
For more information, people may call Old Town Pharmacy at 417-635-1100.
There are multiple other testing sites in Lawrence and Barry counties. Health Departments recommend contacting a primary care provider first before using any of the testing sites listed. Pricing, insurance use and result times vary from location to location.
Testing sites in the area include:
• CoxHealth’s free virtual visits are available using the code “COVID” at https://www.coxhealth.com/services/virtualvisits/
• Mercy’s tests may be found at https://www.gohealthuc.com/springfield
• Price Cutter, 708 S. Elliott Ave. in Aurora
People must register online at https://www.doineedacovid19test.com/Aurora_MO_2271.html.
• OCH, 108 S. Hickory in Mt. Vernon, 417-466-4110
People may call for insurance and pricing information.
• Hometown Medical, 101 N. Elm Suite D in Pierce City, 417-476-3003
People may also visit https://sites.google.com/htmpc.net/hometownmedical/covid-19 for more information.
• Access Family Care, 1810 S. Carnation Ave. in Aurora, 417-678-1260
To be tested, a person has to become an established patient, and an appointment is required.
• Access Family Care, 4016 Main St. in Cassville, 417-847-0057
An appointment is required.
• Barry County Health Department, 65 Main St. in Cassville, 417-847-2114
An appointment is required.
• Ozark Valley Medical (Ozark – Springfield – Branson)
People may visit http://www.ozarkvalleymedical.com/covid-testing.html for more information.
• HY-VEE Pharmacy, 1720 West Battlefield Road in Springfield
The patient must register online at https://www.doineedacovid19test.com/Springfield_MO_2283.html
• CVS Pharmacies
People may visit https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing for more information.