Monett firefighters stop blaze

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Smoke detected by neighbor

Monett firefighters stopped a house fire on Sunday at 1510 Northview in Monett on Sunday.

According to Fire Chief Tom Jones, a neighbor spotted smoke and called firefighters at 8:52 a.m. No one was home at the time. Firemen isolated the blaze in the ranch-style home to the bedroom, where it started, possibly from an electrical source. The house incurred smoke and heat damage throughout.

Firefighters stayed on the scene while the owner returned from Branson. Jones said the home was repairable but not immediately habitable.

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: