Flue fire sends firemen scrambling into cold night

Saturday, January 14, 2017
As cold weather set in this week, the danger of chimney fires also spiked. Monett firefighters responded to 701 Crestview Drive after 7 p.m. on Thursday to a flue fire. Firefighters on the ground stood by while firemen both on the roof and inside the house tracked the source that belched smoke inside and outside of the house. Firemen were successful in containing the blaze. Fire Chief Tom Jones credited a build-up of creosote as the cause for the fire and recommended periodic cleaning to prevent such problems. Murray Bishoff/times-news@monett-times.com

As cold weather set in this week, the danger of chimney fires also spiked.

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: