The Monett Lions Club recently donated $1,000 to the Missouri Lions Eye Research Foundation (MLERF).
Donations to the MLERF help fund six programs dedicated to the preservation and restoration of sight.
The recipient programs include:
* Free children's vision screenings for Missouri children ages 6 months to 6 years.
* Free healthy vision screenings for glaucoma and age-related macular degeneration.
* Free eye care assistance for indigent Missourians.
* Eyeglass recycling to help less-fortunate people in developing countries.
* Support of ocular research to find causes and cures of eye disease.
* Heartland Lions Eye Banks, which provides the gift of sight to seven people each day by providing donated human corneal tissue for transplantation.
The foundation's sight programs are made possible through the support of Missourians and Missouri's Lions Clubs.
For more information, visit www.mlerf.org.