|Coaches talk all the time about winning being a "process."|
Monett wrestling coach Daryl Bradley knows all about using a process to build a winning team.
Bradley's Cubs have quietly been creeping up on opponents and climbing the state rankings.
"We started strong and carried the momentum throughout the dual," said Bradley. "We looked good from top to bottom. I feel that our conditioning is getting where it needs to be.
"Wrestling in the MAC was exciting," continued Bradley. "It made a great atmosphere for wrestling. The place was packed and it was loud. I think that it pumped our guys up. I'm excited about the end of the year."
On Feb. 1, Class 2 rankings were released. The Cubs have climbed from the realm of the unranked to fifth in the state.
The purple and gold currently have 10 wrestlers ranked in the top 18 of their respective weight class.
The individual state rankings are as follows.
* 106 pounds: Sean Jastal, sixth.
* 113 pounds: Chase Brennan, second.
* 120 pounds: Kedric Brink, seventh.
* 126 pounds: Garret Bradley, 18th.
* 145 pounds: Dominick Witherow, 12th.
* 170 pounds: Wesley Abramovitz, 12th.
* 182 pounds: Matt Wentz, third.
* 195 pounds: Devon Overall, third.
* 220 pounds: Jacob Negre, 14th.
* 285 pounds: Shawn Beeson, 14th.
Results for the varsity matches are as follows. Monett wrestlers are listed first.
* 106 pounds: Sean Jastal won by pin against Zach Phillips in 2:37.
* 113 pounds: Chase Brennan won by pin against Caden Carlin in 1:25.
* 120 pounds: Kedric Brink won by pin against Bryce Schwerting in 10 seconds.
* 126 pounds: Garret Bradley lost by technical fall to Levi Puckett, 16-0
* 132 pounds: Brice Watson won by injury default against Keegan Loyd in 3:46.
* 136 pounds: Jaron Howard won by major decision against Dakota Mavis, 10-2.
* 145 pounds: Dominick Witherow won by major decision against Niko Thompson, 17-4.
* 152 pounds: Keanu Reed lost by pin to Don Hollingshead in 1:36.
* 160 pounds: Bryce Logan won by pin against Issac Newston in 1:27.
* 170 pounds: Wesley Abramovitz won by pin against Tyler McGrew in 33 seconds.
* 182 pounds: Matthew Wentz won by pin against Christian Plassman in 1:06.
* 195 pounds: Devon Overall won by pin against Jason Love in 1:25.
* 220 pounds: Jacob Negre won by major decision against Jeff Owens, 8-0.
* 285 pounds: Shawn Beeson lost by pin to Phillip Reitz in 3:55.
* 126 pounds: Corry Skipper won by pin against Ethan Pudney in 1:17.
* 132 pounds: Jorden Henson won by pin against James Tupper in 3:35.
* 152 pounds: Ben Morris won by pin against Hunter Good in 1:52.