"Tonight's win was a total team effort," said Monett coach Daryl Bradley. "I thought we came out and wrestled very well. I feel that we are coming together as a team."
Results for the varsity matches are as follows. Monett wrestlers are listed first.
* 113 pounds: Chase Brennan won by pin against Logan Myers-Webb in 5:09.
* 120 pounds: Kedric Brink won by forfeit.
* 126 pounds: Garret Bradley won by decision against Jordan Ball, 3-0.
* 132 pounds: Brice Watson lost by pin to Levi Hopkins in 35 seconds.
* 138 pounds: Jaron Howard lost by pin to Jacob Miles in 5:15.
* 145 pounds: Dominick Witherow won by pin against Derek Williams in 5:31.
* 152 pounds: Keanu Reed lost by pin to Urlah Lentz in 1:25.
* 160 pounds: Brice Logan lost by pin to Josiah Lentz in 3:15.
* 170 pounds: Monett forfeits to Haryl Starkey.
* 182 pounds: Matt Wentz won by pin against T.J. Ridge in 5:38.
* 195 pounds: Jacob Negre won by forfeit.
* 220 pounds: Devon Overall won by pin against Nohea Creech in 1:27.
* 285 pounds: Shawn Beeson won by pin against Isaac Long in 2:28
* 113 pounds: Dalton Dunn won by pin against Brendan Roberts in 3:26.
* 120 pounds: Christopher Smith lost by pin to Brendan Roberts in 1:48.
* 126 pounds: Corry Skipper lost by pin to Marcus Cox in 2:48.
* 138 pounds: Jorden Henson lost by pin to Micah Gann in 3:23.
* 138 pounds: Jorden Henson won by pin against Tyler Painter in 3:44.
* 145 pounds: Kylar Eden lost by pin to Jared Lockhart in 5:04.
* 220 pounds: David Garcia won by pin against Dalton Baily in 1:08.