"We are very close to being a good dual team," said Monett coach Daryl Bradley. "I thought that we battled a very good Seneca team to the very end. I am disappointed that we didn't come away with a victory but I feel we competed hard in every match."
Results for the varsity matches are as follows. Monett wrestlers are listed first.
* 113 pounds: Chase Brennan won by pin against Quentin Cotton in 43 seconds.
* 120 pounds: Kedric Brink lost by major decision to Will Roark, 13-4.
* 126 pounds: Garret Bradley lost by major decision to Cole Lankford, 9-1.
* 132 pounds: Brice Watson lost by pin to Jesse Rhodds in 2:20.
* 136 pounds: Jaron Howard won by decision against Colten McDaniel, 7-0.
* 145 pounds: Kylar Eden lost by pin to Logan Grady in 54 seconds.
* 152 pounds: Dominick Witherow lost by decision to Butch Ferguson, 10-6.
* 160 pounds: Bryce Logan lost by decision to Jordan Bailey, 11-6.
* 170 pounds: Wesley Abramovitz lost by decision to Jalen Skaggs, 9-8.
* 182 pounds: Matt Wentz won by pin against Colten Brown in 3:48.
* 195 pounds: Devon Overall won by major decision against Dylan West, 18-8.
* 220 pounds: Jacob Negre lost by pin to Devin Madison in 1:42.
* 285 pounds: Shawn Beeson won by pin against Dalton Shick in 45 seconds.
* 120 pounds: Chris Smith lost by pin to Curtis Beelart in 11 seconds.
* 120 pounds: Dalton Dunn won by decision against Curtis Beelart, 8-6.
* 145 pounds: Jorden Henson lost by pin to Austin Ritter in 1:09.
* 152 pounds: Ricky Grimaldo lost by pin to Jacob Manley in 2:53.
* 195 pounds: David Garcia lost by pin to Taylor Cassidy in 1:27.
* 195 pounds: David Garcia won by decision against Forrest Hall, 6-1.
Monett will be in action on Jan. 24 at Ozark. Matches are set to begin at 5:30 p.m.