Filings opened Dec. 11 for city councils and school boards on April 2, 2013. Significant interest has been shown in the first two days of filings.
* Monett R-1: Five candidates filed on the first day for two open seats on the Monett Board of Education. Two-term incumbent and current board president Marty Scabarozi and one-term incumbent Doug Childress both filed for re-election.
Also filing were first-time candidates Sean Kelley, Steven Graves and Billy Willis.
* Purdy R-2: Two candidates filed on the first day for the two vacancies on the Purdy School Board. One-term incumbent Ed Mareth filed for re-election, along with first-time candidate Todd Schallert.
Two-term incumbent Tracy Tate said she would not run for another term.
* Verona R-7: Two candidates filed for the two vacancies on the Verona Board of Education. Three-term incumbent David Doner filed for re-election. Kenna Freiburger, a first-time candidate, also filed. Two-term incumbent Dale Whitlock holds the second seat.
* Pierce City R-6: First-time candidate Carl Younker was the only person to file in the opening hours for a seat on the Pierce City Board of Education. The seats are currently held by three-term incumbent Kenny O'Hara and two-term incumbent Kent Boursheski.
* Purdy City Council: No one filed in the first days for the three open seats on the Purdy council. The two-year seats are held by five-term incumbent Steve Roden and four-term incumbent Wayne Rupp. A one-year seat will also be open. Incumbent Sean Priest resigned from the seat after moving out of the city limits.
* Pierce City: No one filed in the first two days for the four seats on the city council in Pierce City.
Seats are currently held by one-term incumbent Kenny Smith in Ward 1; four-term incumbent Brian Jones in Ward 2; one-term incumbent Melissa Creed in Ward 3; and two-term incumbent Brandon Raley in Ward 4.
* Verona: All five seats on the Verona City Council are up for election. Mayor Willis Hutson was the only candidate to file on the first day.
The remaining seats are held by one-term incumbent Gary Welters, twice-appointed council member Sheila Massengill, and appointees Scott Gaston and Eddy Carey.
* Freistatt: No filings have taken place in Freistatt. Open seats are presently held by Eva Jobe and Delpha Bowling, both two-term incumbents, and appointee Aaron Obermann.
* Filings remain open until 5 p.m. on Jan. 22, 2013.