"I thought we battled tonight and grinded out a good win," said Monett coach Daryl Bradley. "It felt good to have a complete line-up tonight, we needed every point. It was a total team effort. I feel that we will get better and better as the season progresses and the crowd was great."
Results for the varsity matches, with Monett wrestlers listed first are as follows:
* 113 pounds: Dalton Dunn won by pin against Tristan Engel in 2:27.
* 120 pounds: Chase Brennan won by pin against Ethan Shaffer by fall 1:02
* 126 pounds: Kedric Brink won by decision over Roy Hulland, 12-9
* 132 pounds: Brice Watson lost by pin to Daniel Bergland in 5:51.
* 138 pounds: Garrett Bradley lost by decision to Gabe Rabideau, 6-3.
* 145 pounds: Kylar Eden lost by pin to Nick Zigmund in 2:45.
* 152 pounds: Keanu Reed won by decision against Justice Carnes, 7-5.
* 160 pounds: Ben Morris lost by pin to Gage Holub in 47 seconds.
* 170 pounds: Wesley Abramovitz won by major decision against Kevin Adams, 12-0
* 182 pounds: Matthew Wentz won by pin over Christian Robertson in 2:49.
* 195 pounds: Devon Overall won by decision against Tritton Barnes, 13-10.
* 220 pounds: Jacob Negre won by decision against George Lewis, 14-11.
* 285 pounds: David Garcia lost by pin to Joseph Mandy in 4:35.
* 113 pounds: Sean Jastal won by technical fall over Jacob Wallace, 16-0.
* 113 pound: Christopher Smith lost by pin to Jacob Wallace in 1:11.
* 126 pounds: Corry Skipper lost by decision to Josh Traynor, 6-3
* 145 pounds: Brice Logan lost by pin to Austin Brogan in 52 seconds.
* 152 pounds: Ricky Grimaldo lost by pin to Jerry Robertson in 51 second.
* 152 pounds: Bryce Logan lost by pin to Russel Doyle in 2:45.
* 152 pounds: Ricky Grimaldo lost by pin to Paul Haddaler in 2.37.
* 138 pounds: Jorden Henson won by technical fall against Dan Golden, 18-3.
The Cubs will be in action on Dec. 12 at Webb City. Matches are set to begin at 5:30 p.m.