According to Fire Chief Tom Jones, firefighters received a call at 12:41 p.m. on Nov. 25 and found a fire had spread from the porch into the building. The house was occupied by three adults and two children in the Anthony Blinzler family.
One person was trapped in the building by the fire and helped out a bedroom window by the Barry-Lawrence Ambulance crew.
Jones speculated that a cigarette may have gotten inside of a couch on the porch, resulting in the fire.
The Red Cross responded to the scene and provided assistance to the family.