Lee Bruner, the youngest of the three brothers, opened the first Bruner Pharmacy in Greenfield in 1959. He kept the Greenfield store but moved to Springfield in 1965. Lee purchased a pharmacy in Seymour, which was called the Pill Box. After the Seymour purchase, he also opened stores in Mansfield and Willard, where he kept the Pill Box name.
Lee sold the Greenfield, Seymour and Mansfield stores in the early '70s. He moved to Willard in 1973 and remained at that store for 32 years. Lee retired in 2005 and sold the Willard store to John Bruner and A.J. Bahl.
The oldest of the brothers is Roger Bruner. Roger opened Bruner Pharmacy in Webb City in 1960 and another store in Carl Junction in 1970. Roger sold the Webb City Pharmacy in 1985 and the Carl Junction Pharmacy in 1995. Roger retired in 1995 but is still semi-active at the Webb City store.
Gayle Bruner came to Monett and became the owner of the Corner Pharmacy in 1962. He moved to Monett from Webb City, where he had been working with his brother, Roger. Gayle expanded Bruner Pharmacy over the years and semi-retired in 1998.
The brothers are three in a family of 17 with 11 boys and four girls.