Mike Dawson, assistant superintendent, has announced that on Monday, Sept. 24, school will not be in session to allow teachers to participate in a day of professional development.
Campus schedules include the following professional development activities:
* PBS Tier 2, school-wide positive behavior.
* Learning structures.
* Technology, vokies, ELLC, new Pre-K curriculum.
* BYOC, Build Your Own Curriculum.
Central Park Elementary
* Faculty book study, "The Leader In Me."
* SMART goal development and sharing of goals vertically.
* PBIS training and staff survey reports.
* Collaboration time for teams and vertical collaboration for departments.
* Training for student-led parent/teacher conferences.
* Effective Feedback work
* PLC, Professional Learning Community work.
* PBS, school-wide positive behavior work.
Monett Middle School
* Continued work on Professional Learning Communities with Southwest RPDC.
* Collaborative team work.
Monett High School
* Instructional practices presented by Social Studies and Communication Arts departments.
* Strategy presentations.
* Lesson development for the classroom, utilizing at least one of the strategies presented
Scott Regional Technology Center
* Ozark Writing Project, warm-up Writing and sharing, motivating every student to write.
* Think, learning, log strategies.
* Journal article summary/ team teaching method.
* Webquest: Ebsco Host and other online resources with Jason Smith, SRTC Instructor.