This year's event, which included a 400-meter swim, a 3.1-mile run and a 15-mile bike ride, attracted 43 participants.
Brad Hammon, of Verona, was the top finisher in the men's division with a total time of 1:09:58. Victoria Kline, of Miami, Okla., was the women's top overall finisher, completing the course in 1:28:14.
Other medalists, listed by age division, are as follows:
* Men 15-19: Garrett Barnes, first, 1:51:26; and Jadon Baston, second, 2:12:09.
* Women 15-19: Madeline Weber, first, 1:37:04.
* Men 20-29: Eric Starlin, first, 1:34:19; Daniel Farage, second, 1:40:00; and Justin West, third, 1:37:05.
* Women 20-29: Stephanie Lee, first, 1:52:02; Marti Richmiller, second, 2:01:07; and Jacqueline Yust, third, 2:14:43.
* Men 30-39: Chris Johnson, first, 1:22:04; Richard Hurt, second, 1:25:47; and Doug Helper, third, 1:28:20.
* Women 30-39: Kelly Youngblood, first, 1:36:03; Angela Pederson, second, 1:55:14; and Kana Henbest, third, 2:03:15.
* Men 40-49: Brian Hunter, first, 1:26:34; Don Weber, second, 1:35:21; and Noel Anthonysz, third, 1:37:05.
* Women 40-49: Leta Shockley, first, 1:51:53.
* Men 50-59: Tom Morrison, first, 1:16:29; Daniel Koehn, second, 1:32:30; and Kenny McDougle, third, 1:37:06.
* Women 50-59: Shawn Crowley, first, 2:25:32.
Two relay teams also competed. The Huntress team finished first with a time of 1:36:28, and the Roark team finished second with a time of 1:37:01.
Road racers collect medals
Area runners made quite an impact on a pair of Springfield area races recently.
Monett's Jerry Ragsdale won the Men 40-44 age group at the 5K for ADA Camp Earthworks at Nixa on Friday, July 13. Ragsdale turned in a 19:48 performance and finished fifth overall in the field of 157 runners.
Drew Bandelow, 18, of Springfield, was the overall champion, running 18:29 in the heat. Clever's Jaclyn Pohlers, 25, won the Women's division in 21:26.
At the third annual Dragon's Breath 5K in Springfield on Saturday, July 14, Daron Evans of Cassville was the top area finisher. He placed 11th overall and fourth in the Mens 40-49 age group with a time of 20:40.
Pace Evans won the Boys 9-and-under division and finished 70th overall with his 27:04 performance. Jennifer Evans took 10th in the Women 40-49 group and 74th overall with her 27:14.
Billy Essley and Lisa Essley, of Cassville, ran to the finish line together in 32:06. He was 15th in the Mens 40-49 division, she was 17th in the Women's 40-49 division.
At 55 years of age, Richard Leiboult of Ozark was the overall champion, covering the course in 17:54. Miriam Flouer of Springfield, 41, won the Women's race in 21:06.