Chamber golf tourney is huge success
The Monett Chamber of Commerce sponsored its 25th annual Industrial Appreciation Golf Tournament last Friday at Monett's Windmill Ridge Golf Course. Thirty-one teams and over 100 golfers participated in the event.
"Without our local industries, Monett wouldn't be a successful community," said chamber member and tournament supervisor Scott Smith. "This tournament is a way we can show appreciation for all that the business supply for our community."
Golfers were treated to a round of golf, dinner and prizes.
They competed in three different categories (championship, B flight and C flight) prizes were awarded to the top teams.
The tournament has plans to expand in the future.
"We would eventually like to have two sessions (morning and evening) and play all day," said Smith. "Monett is a great city with plenty of room for growth. Events like this tournament demonstrate the chamber is dedicated to the future of Monett's industry."
Results from the tournament are as follows.
* Community National Bank: Mike Wallace, Darrin Newbold, Steve Stidham and Mike Scabarozi.
* Family and Occupational Medicine and OakStar Bank: Mark Costley, Justin Beck, J.L. Phillips and Scott Leven.
* International Dehydrated Foods: Mike Gerke, Frank Ridgley and Dennis Scholl.
* Cox Monett Hospital: Darrin Bass, Pat Blamey, Kevin Norris and Steven Njenga.
* United Missouri Bank: Buddy Arivett, David Arivett, Dennis Flattem and Bob Markovics.
* Genesis Bolt and Supply: Bill Hartline, Darrell Easley, Chuck Beaty and Chris Wagner.
* Brenntag: Larry Startin, Matthew Eheardt, Keith Potts and John Witt.
* Monett Industrial Development Committee and Jim Strafuss for State Senate: Dayton Mackey, David Honeycutt and Jim Strafuss.
* Wintech: Mark Harper, Lloyd George and Brian Boggs.