The Monett Chamber of Commerce sponsored its annual Industrial Appreciation Golf Tournament last Friday at Monett's Windmill Ridge Golf Course. Thirty-one teams and over 100 golfers participated in the event. Those who played in the event are pictured above Participants were: Mark Jackson, Matt Hess, Bryan Jackson, Matt Botzer, Richard Mettlach, John Bruner, Dennis Pyle, Mike Brownsberger, Mike Wallace, Darrin Newbold, Steve Stidham, Mike Scabarozi, Dan Roeckle, Greg Shaw, Justin Lumby, Tyson Johns, Darren Bass, Pat Blamey, Kevin Norris, Stephen Njenga, Mike Zebert, Joe Mettlach, Bob Huffman, Scott Guinn, Tim Jones, Jim Strafuss, Alan Moore, Caleb Marion, Mark Costley, Justin Beck, Randy Henderson, Ron Smith, Bill Hartline, Darrell Easley, Chuck Beaty, Chris Wagner, LeRoy Ellison, Scott Smith, Jack Rowdan, Gary Allen, Bob Sharpe, Robert Hartley, Wess Wormington, Mike Knight, Mike Gerke, Frank Ridgley, Dennis Scholl, Carlos Raminez, Todd Speakman, Shawn Larsen, John Urban, Melina Africa, Ken Terry, Joe Osborn, Sharon Osborn, Kevin Williams, Tony Wormington, Mark Forbis, Blake Waters, Jon Hagadorn, Jeff Phillips, Mark Ellison, Andy Martin, Larry Startin, Matthew Eheardt, Keith Potts, John Witt, Dayton Mackey, David Honeycutt, John Jungmann, Brad Hanson, Dave Steward, Mike Dawson, Joe Geiss, Kirk Verhoff, Brett Bailey, Derrick Cox, J.L. Phillips, Scott Leven, Harold Schelin, Art Nolan, Brad Wells, Brian Smith, Jeremy Steinbach, Shane Meeks, Robert Harrell, Randy Messer, Ron Messer, Michael Bass, Mike Gonzalez, Buddy Arivett, David Arivett, Dennis Flattem, Bob Markovics, Mark Harper, Lloyd George and Brian Boggs. [Times Photo by Jared Lankford]
The Monett Chamber of Commerce sponsored its 25th annual Industrial Appreciation Golf Tournament last Friday at Monett's Windmill Ridge Golf Course. Thirty-one teams and over 100 golfers participated in the event.
"Without our local industries, Monett wouldn't be a successful community," said chamber member and tournament supervisor Scott Smith. "This tournament is a way we can show appreciation for all that the business supply for our community."
Golfers were treated to a round of golf, dinner and prizes.
Focused to the end. Mike Brownsburger watches as his putt heads toward the cup during last Friday's Monett Chamber of Commerce Industrial Appreciation Golf Tournament. [Times Photo by Jared Lankford]
They competed in three different categories (championship, B flight and C flight) prizes were awarded to the top teams.
The tournament has plans to expand in the future.
"We would eventually like to have two sessions (morning and evening) and play all day," said Smith. "Monett is a great city with plenty of room for growth. Events like this tournament demonstrate the chamber is dedicated to the future of Monett's industry."
Results from the tournament are as follows.
* Community National Bank: Mike Wallace, Darrin Newbold, Steve Stidham and Mike Scabarozi.
* Family and Occupational Medicine and OakStar Bank: Mark Costley, Justin Beck, J.L. Phillips and Scott Leven.
* International Dehydrated Foods: Mike Gerke, Frank Ridgley and Dennis Scholl.
* Cox Monett Hospital: Darrin Bass, Pat Blamey, Kevin Norris and Steven Njenga.
* United Missouri Bank: Buddy Arivett, David Arivett, Dennis Flattem and Bob Markovics.
* Genesis Bolt and Supply: Bill Hartline, Darrell Easley, Chuck Beaty and Chris Wagner.
* Brenntag: Larry Startin, Matthew Eheardt, Keith Potts and John Witt.
* Monett Industrial Development Committee and Jim Strafuss for State Senate: Dayton Mackey, David Honeycutt and Jim Strafuss.
* Wintech: Mark Harper, Lloyd George and Brian Boggs.