The Pierce City girls racked up 80 points to top the field at Saturday's Class 2, Sectional 3 Track and Field Meet at Fair Grove as area athletes strove to qualify for the state meet this weekend.
Pierce City's Krishna Merriman was the only individual gold medal winner for the Lady Eagles. She took the 400-meter in 59.5. The 4x200 relay also collected gold medals for Pierce City.
The Pierce City boys scored 30 points and finished ninth in the field of 21 teams.
The top four places in each event qualified to the Class 2 State Track and Field Championships at Lincoln University in Jefferson City this weekend.
Results for the Pierce City qualifiers are as follows.
* 4x200 relay: Emily Ashley, Shania Hogan, Bailee Howard and Merriman, 1:48.2.
* 400-meter: Merriman, 59.5.
* Pole vault: Makina Kelley, 9'0".
* 4x100 relay: Ashley, Hogan, Christine Younker and Bailee Howard, 52.2.
* Discus: Sara Stearns, 116'10".
* 4x400 relay: Brianna Zebert, Mattie Paragon, Ashley and Merriman, 4:11.9.
* High jump: Zebert, 5'0".
* Long jump: Hogan, 16'2"
* 4x100 relay: Aaron Zabala, Cedric O'Hara, Zack Hyde, Wayne Joe Sooter, 44.7.
* 200-meter: O'Hara, 22.1.
* Triple jump: Hyde, 41'1.75".
* 4x400 relay: Marcus Brown, Caleb Laswell, Hyde, Sooter, 3:35.1.