"I am very pleased with the boys' performance," said Monett track coach Chad Depeť. "Our biggest strength this season has been our ability to consistently get better with each meet.
Lamar won the boys' division of the annual conference meet with 175 points. Carl Junction took second with 98 points. Monett finished third with 95 points, and Cassville was fourth with 76 points.
"Our girls gave a good effort," said Monett coach Kelly George. "We need to prepare for districts and work on getting better."
Results for the Monett boys are as follows.
* 800-meter: Chris Renteria, 2:04.
* 1,600-meter: Renteria, 4:35.
* 3,200-meter: Renteria, 10:31.
* 200-meter: Kurran Blamey, 23.1.
* 100-meter: Blamey, 11.6.
* 4x200 relay: Aaron Hall, Matt Murphy, Zach Swearingen and Blamey, 1:35.3.
* 4x100 relay: Hall, Swearingen, Tyler Green and Blamey, :45.
* High jump: Green, 6'.
* Triple jump: Green, 40' 1".
* 4x800 relay: Jeremy Horton, Jorge Aceves, Jacob Schmidly and Mitchel Carlin, 9.00.6.
|*||3,200-meter: Aaron Morley, 11.12.1.|
|*||300-meter hurdle: Murphy, 43.4.|
Results for the Monett girls are as follows.
|*||800-meter: Raigan Ratliff, 2.27.2.|
*3,200-meter: Madeleine Weber, 13.53.8.
* Discus: Lupe Renteria, 85'5".
* 4x400 relay: Brooke Madison, Faith Schmidt, Sophie Fulton and Ratliff, 4:24.9.
* Long jump: Schmidt, 15'4".
* 1,600-meter: Weber, 6:08.5.