The Pierce City boys' and girls' track teams led the pack at the Eagle Invitational on Tuesday. Both teams finished in first place with a string of gold medals at their home meet.
Each of one of the Pierce City relay teams, both girls and boys, won gold except for the 4x800 relay teams.
"I was very proud of both teams," said Pierce City track coach Brad Hocker. "They proved they can score points in many different places. They're a very hardworking bunch of kids."
Results for the Pierce City girls are as follows.
* 4x200 relay: Emily Ashley, Shania Hogan, Bailee Hayward and Krishna Merriman, 1:48.
* 4x100 relay: Ashley, Brianna Zebert, Hogan and Hayward, 52:81.
* 4x400 relay: Zebert, Parrigon, Ashley and Merriman, 4:23.
* 400-meter: Merriman, 1:01.
* 200-meter: Merriman, 26:86.
* Discus: Sara Stearns, 116'.
* Long jump: Hogan, 15'7".
* Triple jump: Hayward.
* Pole vault: Makina Kelley, 9'6".
* 4x800 relay: Amanda Zabala, Allie Creed, Brooke Ridenour and Mattie Parrigon, 11:07.
* 100-meter high hurdles: Christine Younker, 16:66.
* 100-meter: Ashley, 12.97.
* High jump: Zebert, 5'0".
* Discus: Jenn Velten, 86'9".
* 800-meter: Parrigon, 2:34.
* 200-meter: Hogan, 27:89.
* Long jump: Zebert, 15'2".
* Shot: Stearns.
McKenzie Moreland also had a standout day, setting a personal best in the mile with a time of 6:47.
Results for the Pierce City boys are as follows.
* 100-meter: Cedric O'Hara, 11:00.
* 4x800 relay: Kristoff Salazar, Issac Smith, Dakota Morris and Caleb Laswell, 10:28.
* 4x200 relay: Wayne Joe Sooter, Aaron Zabala, Zack Hyde and O'Hara, 1:34.
* 4x100 relay: Zabala, Hyde, Sooter and O'Hara, 45:49.
* 400-meter: Sooter, 53:4.
* 200-meter: Sooter, 22:78.
* 4x400 relay: Marcus Brown, Laswell, Hyde and Sooter, 3:40.
* 400-meter: Brown, 55:38.
* Discus: Logan Deems, 121'3".
* Triple jump: Hyde, 41'1/2".
* Shot: Deems, 39'7".
The Pierce City track teams will be in action next Tuesday in the Missouri State Relays. Events are set to begin at 11 a.m.