The Pierce City track team was solid at the rain-shortened meet at Ash Grove on Friday. The boys' and girls' squads were both poised to finish in first place at the 14-team event.
"We had a good day Friday," said Pierce City track coach Brad Hocker. "Our girls have been tough to beat all season, and our boys have been surprisingly good."
Results for the Pierce City girls are as follows.
* 4x800 relay: Amanda Zabala, Allie Creed, Brooke Ridenour and Mattie Parrigon, 11:07.88.
* 100-meter hurdles: Christine Younker, 16.98.
* 4x200 relay: Emily Ashley, Shania Hogan, Bailee Hayward and Krishna Merriman, 1:51.61.
* 4x100 relay: Ashley, Brianna Zebert, Hogan and Hayward, 53.98.
* 400-meter hurdles: Merriman, 1:02.32.
* 800-meter: Parrigon, 2:37.
* 200-meter: Merriman, 27.22.
* Discus: Sara Stearns, 115'.
* Long jump: Hogan, 15'3".
* Triple jump: Hayward, 31'10".
* 100-meter: Ashley, 13.09.
* 800-meter: Ridenour, 2:38.
* Discus: Jenn Velten, 91'.
Results for the Pierce City boys are as follows.
* 300-meter hurdles: Aaron Zabala, 42.95.
* Triple jump: Zack Hyde, 39'11".
* 200-meter: Zabala, 24.46.
* 4x200 relay: Zabala, Caleb Laswell, Hyde and Wayne Joe Sooter, 1:37.98.
* Shot: Logan Deems, 41'6".
* 400-meter: Sooter, 54.57.
The Eagles track teams will be in action on Thursday at Lamar. Events are set to begin at 4 p.m.