"It was another strong showing by a buncah of good, hardworking kids," said Pierce City coach Brad Hocker.
The Lady Eagles took first place with 166 points. Ash Grove was second with 78 points, and Sarcoxie was third with 62 points.
* 100-meter: Emily Ashley, 12.79.
* 200-meter: Merriman, 27.08.
* Discus: Sara Stearns, 111'3".
* Pole vault: Makina Kelley, 16'6".
* 4x100 relay: Ashley, Amanda Zebert, Hogan and Hayward, 52.70.
* 4x800 relay: Zebert, Alice Creed, Brooke Ridenour and Mattie Parrigon, 11:09.
* High jump: Zebert, 5'.
* Shot: Stearns, 33'4".
* 200-meter hurdles: Christine Younker, 16.76.
* 300-meter: Younker, 52.82.
* 800-meter: Parrigon, 2:34.
* 200-meter: Hogan, 28.5.
* 800-meter: Ridenour, 2:40.
* Discus: Jenn Velten, 91'2".
* Triple jump: Hayward, 31'.
Lamar finished first in the boys' division with 131 points. Pierce City was second with 69 points, and Ash Grove was third with 62 points.
Results for the Pierce City boys were as follows.
* 100-meter: Cedric O'Hara, 10.88.
* 4x200 relay: Wayne Joe Sooter, Aaron Zabala, Zach Hyde and Cedric O'Hara, 1:34.
* 200-meter: O'Hara, 22.68.
* 4x100 relay: Sooter, Zabala, Hyde and O'Hara, 44.87.
* 4x400 relay: Marcus Brown, Caleb Laswell, Hyde and Sooter, 3:47.
* Shot: Logan Deems, 40'8".
* Triple jump: Hyde, 40'3".
The track team will be in action today at Diamond beginning at 4 p.m.