The Pierce City track team opened the season with a very good showing at the 18-team Ash Grove Track and Field Meet.
The Lady Eagles finished first overall, and the boys took second.
"I was very proud of our kids," said Pierce City track coach Brad Hocker. "We picked up where we left off last year. We are headed in the right direction."
Results for the Pierce City girls are as follows:
* 4x200 relay: Emily Ashley, Shania Hogan, Bailee Hayward and Krishna Merriman, 1:48.
* 4x100 relay: Ashley, Brianna Zebert, Hogan and Hayward, 52.58.
* 4x400 relay: Zebert, Mattie Parrigon, Ashley and Merriman, 4:14.77.
* Triple jump: Hayward, 31' 8".
* Discus: Sarah Stearns, 114'2".
* Long jump: Zebert, 15'7".
* 100-meter high hurdles: Christine Younker. 16.17.
* 100-meter: Ashley, 12.76.
* 200-meter: Merriman, 26.68.
* 400-meter: Merriman, 1:01.91.
* 300-meter hurdles: Younker, 52.76.
* 800-meter: Parrigon, 2:38.11.
* 4x800 relay: Zebert, Jennifer Skaggs, Brooke Ridenour and Parrigon, 11:13.
* 100-meter dash: Erica Holland, 13.8.
Results for the Pierce City boys were as follows:
* 100-meter: Cedric O'Hara, 11.13.
* Triple jump: Zack Hyde, 38'.
* 4x200 relay: Wayne Joe Sooter, Aaron Zabala, Hyde and O'Hara, 1:32.
* 4x100 relay: Sooter, Zabala, Caleb Laswell and O'Hara, 45.46.
* 4x400 relay: Kristoff Salazar, Laswell, Hyde and Sooter, 3:46.26.
* 300-meter hurdles: Zabala, 42.84.
* High jump: Ryan Turner, 5'6".
* Discus: Logan Deems, 122'.2".
The Eagles and Lady Eagles will be in action next Tuesday in the annual Pierce City Hillbilly Relays. Events are slated to begin at 4 p.m.