The Southwest Area Career Center will host the second annual Transition and Resource Expo from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 27.
Fifty exhibitors have been invited to attend the event. Each exhibitor will provide information to those attending about the services that they provide.
The work group for the event includes Southwest Area Career Center, Community Support Services, Arc of the Ozarks, Joplin Regional Center of the Missouri Department of Mental Health, Alternative Opportunities, Lawrence County Board for Developmental Disabilities and the Lawrence County Community Transition Team.
The Transition and Resource Expo is for individuals with disabilities of all ages, parents, educators, caregivers and for those who have experienced transitions at any age and all stages of life.
"This is what is hard to relay to the public," said Geneva Blue, work experience coordinator. "This event is for everyone. It is for those with a disability, anyone who cares for those with disabilities, all ages, all situations and for transitional changes such as divorces, singles, job changes, financial needs. It just about covers any need you can imagine and it is open to the public."
Categories of services and the exhibitors that are scheduled to attend are as follows:
* Magic Moments Riding Therapy.
* Champion Athletes of the Ozarks.
* Wonderland Camp Foundation.
* Barry and Lawrence County Public Administrators.
* People First of Barry and Lawrence County.
* The Independent Living Center.
* Crowder College - Cassville.
* Barry/Lawrence County Regional Library.
* Ozarks Technical Community College Disability Services.
* Southwest Area Career Center.
* Missouri Autism Report.
* Touchpoint Autism Services - Southwest.
* Lawrence and Barry County Family Support.
* Lawrence County Board for Developmental Disabilities.
* United Acess.
* OATS Inc.
* Vocational Rehabilitation.
* Alternative Opportunities, Employment.
* Community Support Services.
Health and Wellness
* ACCESS Home Health.
* ACCESS Family Care.
* MSSU Dental Clinic.
* Clark Community Mental Health Center.
* Bureau of Special Health Care Needs (DHSS).
* Children's Smile Center.
Assistive Technology and Therapy Services
* First Steps of Southwest Missouri.
* Drury University, Music Therapy.
* Jean Hamilton, OTR.
* Missouri Rehabilitation Center.
* Relay Missouri, Spring Relay.
New this year will be parent navigators.
"These parents are parents of children with disabilities of all ages," said Blue. "They will be available to mentor other parents and develop relationships with each other to offer their help and share knowledge. Parents are tremendous advocates for their kids."
The Southwest Area Career Center is located behind the Monett High School on David Sippy Drive. Sandwiches and chips will be served and prize drawings will be held throughout the evening.
"I really hope that people in the community will attend," said Blue. "This is a very beneficial event to the public."