The Monett Cubs wrestling team earned a hard fought 46-34 victory over Joplin Thursday night.
The Cubs improved to 7-6 in duals on the year.
"There were lots of forfeits on both sides so it was pretty quick night," said Monett coach Daryl Bradley. "The contest only lasted 45 minutes. We are hoping to get healthy for the weekends tournament and hopefully we can build some momentum into the district tournament."
Result for the matches with Monett wrestlers listed first, are as follows:
* 106 pounds: George Fulton won by a forfeit.
* 113 pounds: Levi Neely won by a forfeit.
* 120 pounds: Kedrick Brink won by a forfeit.
* 126 pounds: Bryan Beckwith lost by major decision to Keegan Loyd, 13-1.
* 132 pounds: Jaron Beason lost by pin to Noah Hembree in :36.
* 138 pounds: Chris Renteria won by pin over Dakota Mavis in 1:15.
* 145 pounds: Kyle Forbes won by a forfeit.
* 152 pounds: James Ross lost by pin to Don Hollingshead in 5:15.
* 160 pounds: Devon Overall won by a forfeit.
* 170 pounds: Wesley Abramovitz won by major decision over Sean Gier, 14-2.
* 182 pounds: Matt Wentz won by pin over Jake Cook in 1:06.
* 195 pounds: Monett forfeited to Jeffery Owens.
* 220 pounds: Monett forfeited to Danny Drouin.
* 285 pounds: Monett forfeited to Tyree Selson.
Results for the junior varsity with Monett wrestlers listed first are as follows:
* 145 pounds: Wyatt Rook won by pin over Ashton Parker in :51.
* 160 pounds: Jordan Hall won by pin over Alex Oviedo in :12.
* 160 pounds: German Garcia won by pin over Ashton Parker in :57.
The wrestling Cubs will be in action on Saturday in the Diamond Tournament. Matches are set to begin at 9 a.m.