The Monett wrestling Cubs fell 54-16 to Bolivar Tuesday night.
"We wrestled good in spots and are continuing to improve every day," said Monett coach Daryl Bradley. "Bolivar is pretty tough in every weight class. I expect us to respond in a positive way in our next dual."
Results for the varsity matches with Monett players listed first are as follows:
* 106 pounds: Chase Brennan won by pin over Noah Ray in 1:54.
* 120 pounds: Kedrick Brink lost by pin to Alex Neal in 3:58.
* 126 pounds: Bryan Beckwith lost by decision to Levi Hopkins, 7-2.
* 132 pounds: Jaron Beason lost by technical fall to Jesse Sherman, 18-3.
* 138 pounds: Chris Renteria won by technical fall over Uriah Lentz, 24-9.
* 145 pounds: Kyle Forbes lost by pin to Jacob Miles in :56.
* 152 pounds: James Ross lost by decision to Josiah Lentz, 2-0.
* 160 pounds: Devon Overall won by technical fall over Jordan Farr, 24-9.
* 170 pounds: Matt Wentz lost by decision to Haryl Starkey, 11-4.
Junior varsity results with Monett wrestlers listed first are as follows:
* 138 pounds: Michael Renfro lost by decision to Jared Lockhart, 9-5.
* 138 pounds: Ben Morris lost by decision to Tyler Carnahan, 7-5.
* 160 pounds: Jordan Hall won by pin over Terry Calhoun in :45.
* 170 pounds: Wyatt Rook won by pin over Blake Britain in :40.
* 120 pounds: Brice Watson lost by pin to Logan Meyers in 2:38.
* 120 pounds: Tyler Liggett won by pin over Linda Richman in 1:20.
* 120 pounds: Corry Skipper won by pin over Tyler Painter in 1:17.
* 126 pounds: Jason Kurima lost by decision to Marcus Cox, 9-8.
* 132 pounds: Keanu Reed lost by pin to Micah Gann in 1:37.
* 170 pounds: Jacob Negre won by pin over Jacob Butler in 1:49.
* 138 pounds: Ben Morris lost by decision to Shawn Mayberry, 6-3.
* 138 pounds: Michael Renfro won by decision to Dakota Taylor, 14-12.
* 160 pounds: Wesley Abramovitz won by pin over Terry Calhoun in :39.
*152 pounds: German Garcia won by decision over Blake Britain, 6-2.
Monett travels to Joplin on tonight. Matches are set for 6 p.m.