An autopsy was conducted Monday morning on the body of a rural Lawrence County man that was discovered the day after firefighters extinguished the blaze at his home near Everton.
Larry Pearman, 61, lived alone at the home on Highway M, which was destroyed by fire on Thursday evening. Pearman reportedly had medical problems and often received services from organizations such as Meals on Wheels.
Lawrence County Sheriff Brad Delay indicated there is no evidence to support foul play, saying it was cold that night and there might have been heaters on inside the home.
"The death has been ruled accidental from the autopsy, but there is no direct cause yet," DeLay said. "We are waiting on toxicology reports before making a final determination."
According to DeLay, firefighters went into the home after extinguishing the blaze Thursday night but did not see Pearman's body sitting in a chair in the living room.
The body was discovered Friday after a Meals on Wheels volunteer alerted Pearman's daughter about the fire.
The state fire marshal is investigating the incident.