Monett R-1 School District will not be in session on Monday, Oct. 31. Teachers will be participating in a Professional Development Day, and campus agendas are as follows:
* Monett Elementary School: continue to work on team-building activity using iPads/flip cameras/iMovie, 6+1 Trait writing, Positive Behavior Support and common assessment.
Central Park Elementary: participate in a technology day with focus on training to enhance instruction in the classroom using Clicker systems, iPads, Excel and iMovie-Garage Band-Podcasting; work in teams to create a project they can use with students; and share ideas/projects/creations in collaborative teams to conclude the day. Lauralie Powell, technology instructional specialist, will be leading the technology sessions.
* Monett Intermediate School: continue work on PLC (Professional Learning Communities), PBS (Positive Behavior Support) and common assessment development and common planning.
* Monett Middle School: engage with technology integration presenters by incorporating library resources into their lessons, using software that is available on their computers with a focus on iMovie and Googleapps and assessing students through the use of CPS (Classroom Performance System) clicker system; integrate information learned in the morning session into future lessons; and work collaboratively with the presenters and their colleagues during planning session.
* Monett High School: engage in panel discussion with teachers from other 1:1 high schools; and training on new laptops.
* Southwest Area Career Center: review and discuss "Technology Centers That Work" key practices; and engage in continued technology training.