This Friday, Sept. 2, Monett Schools will not be in session, and R-1 teachers will devote the day to professional development.
Campus agendas are as follows:
* Monett Elementary: Work on Positive Behavior Support (PBS) strategies; review and revise mission, vision and commitments; review MAP/DRA data; and continue work on common assessments.
* Central Park Elementary: Participate in day-long Rosetta Stone program training; cover the program's components, how to use the program as well as how to assist students as they practice the Spanish language.
* Monett Intermediate: Continue PLC (Professional Learning Communities) and PBS (Positive Behavior Support) work; and develop and refine common lessons and assessments.
* Monett Middle School: Engage with technology integration presenters by incorporating library resources into their lessons, using software that is available on their computers and assessing students through the use of Classroom Performance System (CPS) clicker system; integrate information learned in the morning session into future lessons; and work collaboratively with the presenters and their colleagues during planning session.
* Monett High School: Utilize technology in instructional strategies; and create classroom videos for instruction and student projects with the use of Flip cameras.
* Southwest Area Career Center: Learn teacher behaviors that lead to student achievement; and review "Tech Centers That Work" key practices.