Monett High School will hold its annual Fall Sports Pride Night at the Burl Fowler Stadium on Saturday. The Pride Night provides an opportunity for the community to enjoy a football scrimmage and meet the athletes, cheerleaders and marching band representing Monett High School during the 2011-12 fall sports season.
The Monett Athletic Boosters will provide a tailgate party to kickoff their 2011 athletic boosters membership drive. Those who join the Booster Club will receive a hotdog or hamburger, chips and a drink. The concession stand will also be open, and boosters will sell MHS apparel and spirit items.
Gates open at 5:45 p.m. with activities set to begin at 7 p.m.
The tentative schedule of events is as follows:
* 5:45 p.m.--Monett Boosters tailgate party
* 6:30 p.m.--Football team warm-up
* 7:00 p.m.--National Anthem/Monett Fight Song
* 7:05 p.m.--Introduction of football team
* 7:15 p.m.--Football scrimmage begins
* 7:15 p.m.--Introduction of Monett Pride marching band
* 7:30 p.m.--Introduction of MHS cheerleaders
* 7:40 p.m.--Introduction of cross country team
* 7:45 p.m.--Introduction of the dance team
* 7:50 p.m.--Introduction of girls tennis team
* 8:00 p.m.--Introduction of Monett Cub soccer team
* 8 10 p.m.--Introduction of softball team
* 8:20 p.m.--Introduction of MHS volleyball team