"We had 54 swimmers at the 'B' meet, and we will have 67 attending the 'A' meet," said Coach Christin Janssen.
Monett swimmers who qualified for the "A" championships at the "B" meet were:
* Bridget Barta, 200 free.
* Courtney Brown, 50 back.
* Jaxon Courtney, 50 back.
* Mary Grace Cowherd, 50 free.
* Kelsey Dalton, 50 free and 100 free.
* Shay Dalton, 50 back and 50 breast.
* Matthew Fillinger, 50 free.
* Payton Flynt, 25 free.
* Morgan Grissom, 50 free.
* Abigail Jastal, 25 back, 25 fly and 100 IM.
* Claudia Johnston, 50 free, 25 fly and 100 IM.
* Theresa Mangler, 200 free.
* Ireland Mertens, 50 back.
* Lauren Seifried, 50 free and 200 IM.
* Mason Turben, 25 free.
* Wayne Verhoff, 50 free and 100 free.
Janssen lavished praise on her team for their hard work at the meet and over the season.
"I was very excited for our swimmers at the B Championship meet as they swam very well and had a wonderful time," she said. "We have been working quite a bit on starts, turns and finishes, and the kids did a really good job of controlling their breathing and staying strong during those parts of their races. Before each of the races the coaches did a wonderful job getting the kids focused and ready to go and it was great to see them get competitive, drop time and really learn to enjoy and understand the sport of swimming.
"I knew we were focused and had the kids ready to go when they dropped time in the preliminaries and then we had most of them that came back in finals get another best time," Janssen continued. "For some of our swimmers this meet was their last of the season. They finished strong and definitely ended well, and we look forward to seeing them return next summer to continue to build on their success."