With over a thousand entrants and 904 official finishers, the Girls Just Wanna Run 5K at Springfield's Phelps Grove Park was easily the biggest women's-only running event in the state of Missouri this year.
Sponsored by Cox Health and administered by Ridgerunner Sports' Ozarks Racing Systems, the annual run/walk has become a "must" event for many area women.
Kimi Reed, of Miller, was the overall champion. The 23-year-old blazed an 18:15.5 while leading the pack to the finish line.
Josie Stubblefield, of Cassville, was the fastest Barry County finisher, running a personal-best 27:49.6. The Southwest R-5 physical education instructor placed 82nd overall, and was 13th of the 186 runners in the 40-49 age group.
Other area runners that competed:
* Lena Pomuran of Monett, 263rd overall, 62/184 20-29, 33:21.3.
* Angela Pederson, Monett, 572nd overall, 195/264 30-39, 43:25.0.
* Kelsey Pederson, Monett, 573rd overall, 32/63 0-14, 43:25.5.
* Anita Philbrick, Cassville, 810th overall, 30/39 60-69, 54:52.9.
* Connie Butler, Cassville, 865th overall, 257/264 30-39, 58:43.3.