Services began at 9:15 a.m. in the old building with a presentation by the hand bell group, Resounding Praise. The church choir sang followed by Jane Stotts giving a children's message. Dr. Bill Cox, pastor of the church, gave a sermon. The service ended with ground breaking shovels distributed to families representing leadership within the church. The group led the church members out of the sanctuary and to the new church, located south of Monett on Highway 37.
The first service in the new building began at 10:30 a.m. with the praise band leading worship and the choir singing. Jamie Brown, family minister, gave a children's message and a sermon was delivered by Dr. Bill Cox.
Time capsules that were housed in the cornerstones of the Fourth and Dunn church building were opened by Freda Horn and Aidan Branch. They were from 1951 and 1954. Inside one of the time capsules were items from 1913, from the original cornerstone for the church building.
Charlie Huntress, contractor and a deacon of the church, was asked to give the closing prayer. He was given applause and standing ovation for the hard work and time Huntress had given to the church.
The church dedication is scheduled for June 25 and June 26. The dedication committee is making the preparations. Saturday night events will be held from 7 to 9 p.m.
The entertainment will include: 7 p.m., Bob Hubbard, John Shepherd, Dale Sullens and Carl Wade of the Foggy River Boys; 7:30 p.m., The LeCroy Sisters; and 8 p.m., Gregg Strange, comedian.
There will be bounce houses, carnival games, popcorn, hot dogs and drinks. Fireworks will conclude the Saturday night events.
Sunday school services begin at 9:15 a.m. and church services begin at 10:30 a.m.