For the second consecutive year, the Pierce City track teams swept the boys and girls division of the Missouri Class 5, District 2 event.
"We received an outstanding effort from all of our athletes today," said Pierce City Head Coach Brad Hocker. "We are still improving at each meet we compete. We had several of our kids have personal bests."
Results for the Pierce City girls were as follows with the top four finishers qualifing for the sectional meet:
* 100-meter dash: Emily Ashley, 13.11.
* 4x200 relay: Ashley, Christine Younker, Krishna Merriman and Kaelyn Osborn, 1:49.52.
* 4x100 relay: Ashley, Brianna Zebert, Merriman and Osborn, 51.22.
* 400-meter dash: Merriman: 1:00.02.
* Discus: Sarah Stearns: 117'.
* Pole vault: Makina Kelly, 9'.
* 200-meter dash: Osborn, 27.46.
* 100-meter hurdles: Younker, 16.23.
* 4x400 relay: Zebert, Parrigon, Ashley and Merriman, 4:14.64.
* High jump: Zebert, 14'11".
* Shot put: Stearns, 33'8".
* 800-meter run: Parrigon, 2:31.01.
Pierce City boys
Results for the Pierce City boys were as follows:
* 4x200-meter relay: Jordan Saffer, Wayne Joe Sooter, Cedric O'Hara and Cody Cox, 1:32.78.
* 4x100-meter relay: Saffer, O'Hara, Chance Chapman and Cox, 44.32.
* 200-meter dash: O'Hara, 22.84.
* 4x400 relay: Derek Turner, Saffer, Sooter and Baldwin, 3:33.56.
* High jump: Turner, 6'5".
* 100-meter dash: O'Hara, 11.47.
* 100-meter dash: Cox, 11.6.
* 4x800-meter relay: Turner, Sooter, James Harrison and Baldwin, 8:44.36.
* 400-meter dash: Sooter, 53.50.
* 200-meter dash: Cox, 23.22.
* Shot put: Zach Crouch, 42'
* Triple jump: Baldwin, 41'4".
* Long jump: Baldwin, 18'5".
Pierce City will be in sectional playoff action on Saturday at Hollister. Events are slated to begin at 11 a.m.