A wide range of issues concerning municipal water and wastewater operations will be discussed at the annual Missouri Water and Wastewater Conference for the southwest section, to be held on Tuesday, May 3 at the Monett City Park Casino.
Following a welcome by Monett Mayor Jim Orr at 8 a.m., speakers will make presentations until approximately 4:45 p.m.
Presenters will include:
* Jacques Martineau, water specialist with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources (DNR), on "the groundwater rule," at 8:05 a.m.
* Greg Carlton, with Brenntag Mid South in Springfield, will talk about usage, storage and costs of water and wastewater chemicals.
* Gil Dichter, with IDEXX Laboratories, will focus on microbiology, especially on the coliform and E. coli bacteria.
* At 10:15 a.m., Tom Stechmann, with Utility Services, of Liberty, will discuss maintaining water tanks and vessels.
* Derek Leffert and Bill Dexheimer, with Missouri One-Call, will talk about regulations regarding water and wastewater regulations.
* Steve McDowell, with Hach Companies, a global water quality testing firm, will discuss data management for tracking underground lines.
* At 1:15 p.m., Phil Walsack, environmental services manager for the Missouri Public Utility Alliance, will review the problems towns have with inflow and infiltration into municipal wastewater systems.
* Roddy Rogers, director of water operations with City Utilities in Springfield, will talk about using Stockton Lake as the major water source for Springfield.
* Gail Melgren, director of the Tri-State Water Coalition, will focus on future water needs in southwest Missouri.
* Gary Moxley, engineer with the R.E. Pedrotti Company, will discuss the concepts for developing an automatic control system for the present and the future.
* At 4 p.m., Gregory Perkins, with the water pollution engineering division of DNR in Springfield, will provide an update on federal and state regulations for water and wastewater systems.
The conference will present several awards through the day, including operator of the year. Officers will be elected for the coming year in the business session at the end of the presentations.