"We had several runners improve upon their personal best," said Pierce City Head Coach Brad Hocker. "It was a good day for our program."
Results for the Pierce City girls are as follows:
* 4x800-meter relay: Laney Parrigon, Becca Hatfield, Jennifer Skaggs and Mattie Parrigon, 11:17.36.
* 4x200-meter relay: Emily Ashley, Christine Younker, Krishna Merriman and Kaelyn Osborn, 1:51.22.
* 4x400-meter relay: Brianna Zebert, Mattie Parrigon, Emily Zebert and Merriman, 4:34.14.
* Discus: Sara Stearns, 116'8".
* Pole vault: Makina Kelly, 9'.
* 100-meter high hurdles: Younker, 17.11.
* 800-meter run: Mattie Parrigon, 2:48.16.
* 200-meter dash: Kaelyn Osborn, 27.67.
* Long jump: Brianna Zebert, 15'7.5".
* Shot put: Stearns, 32'.
* 100-meter dash: Ashley, 12.29.
* 4x100-meter relay: Ashley, Brianna Zebert, Merriman and Osborn, 54:02.
Pierce City boys
In the boys division, Pierce City's results were as follows:
* 4x800-meter relay: Derek Turner, Caleb Adams, Wayne Joe Sooter and Robert Baldwin, 8:45.86.
* 4x200-meter relay: Jordan Saffer, Sooter, Cedric O'Hara and Cody Cox, 1:33.57.
* 4x100-meter relay: Saffer, Sooter, O'Hara and Cox, 45.46.
* 4x400-meter relay: Turner, Saffer, Sooter and Baldwin, 3:39.66.
* High jump: Turner, 6'6".
* Shot: Zach Crouch, 43.2.
* 100-meter dash: O'Hara, 11.10.
* 400-meter dash: Saffer, 53.40.
* 800-meter run: Turner, 2:04.30.
* Triple jump: Baldwin, 41'12".
* 100-meter dash: Cox, 11.29.
* Discus: Crouch, 118'.
Both the Pierce City girls and boys track sqiads will be in action tonight (Thursday) at Lamar.
Events are set to begin at 4 p.m.