The Pierce City High School track team took first place in the 17-team Hillbilly Relays on Tuesday.
"I am really proud of our kids," said Pierce City Head Coach Brad Hocker. "We had many personal bests and set a school record in the triple jump."
Results for the boys division were as follows:
* 4x800 meter relay: Derek Turner, Caleb Adams, James Harrison and Robert Baldwin, 8:57.36.
* 4x200 meter relay: Jordan Saffer, Chance Chapman, Cedric O'Hara and Cody Cox, 1:33.66.
* 4x100 meter relay: Saffer, O'Hara, Cox and Chapman, 44.52.
* 200-meter dash: O'Hara: 22.99
* 4x400 meter relay: Turner, Saffer, Baldwin and Wayne Joe Sooter, 3:39.79
* High jump: Turner, 6'.
* Triple jump: Baldwin, 42'6"
* 100-meter dash: 11.22.
* 400-meter dash: 53.18.
* Discus: Zach Crouch, 129.7.
* 100-meter high hurdles: Chapman, 16.79.
* 200-meter dash: 23.84.
* Long jump: Turner, 19'.
* Shot: Crouch, 41'8.
Pierce City girls
* 4x200-meter relay: Emily Ashley, Christine Younker, Krishina Merriman and Kaelyn Osborn, 1:50.38.
* 100-meter hurdles: Younker, 17.38.
* Discus: Sarah Stearns, 106'6.
* Pole vault: Makina Kelly, 9'.
* 4x800 meter relay: Laney Parrigon, Becca Hatfield, Jennifer Skaggs and Maddie Parrigon, 11:10.76.
* 100-meter dash: Ashley, 13.78.
* 4x100 relay: Ashley, Brianna Zebert, Merriman and Osborn, 53.10.
* 400-meter dash: Merriman, 1:00.16.
* 800-meter run: Mattie Parrigon, 2:35.28.
* 200-meter dash: Osborn, 23.82.
* 4x400 meter relay: Zebert, Mattie Parrigon, Ashley and Merriman, 4:25.48.
* Triple jump: Osborn, 34'3, school record.
* High jump: Zebert, 5'.
* Shot: Stearns, 32'5.
The track team will be in action today at East Newton. Events are scheduled to begin at 4 p.m.