The Pierce City Track and Field team had an excellent outing at the Ash Grove Classic last Friday.
"I was very proud of our kids," said Pierce City Head Coach Brad Hocker. "We competed very hard."
The Lady Eagles finished in first place while the boys finished fourth overall.
The Pierce City Lady Eagles' results were as follows:
* 200-meter dash: Kaylen Osborn, 26.90.
* 400-meter dash: Krishna Merrimen, 1:02.16.
* Discus: Sarah Stearns, 110.11.
* Pole vault: Makina Kelley, 8'6.
* 4x200 relay: Christine Younker, Emily Ashley, Kaelyn Osborn and Merriman, 1:53.36.
* 4x100 relay: Brianna Zebert, Merriman, Ashley and Osborn, 53.65.
* 800-meter: Mattie Parrigon, 2:40.04.
* Shot: Stearns, 34.3.
* 4x800 relay: Becca Hatfield. Laney Parrigon, Jennifer Skaggs and Mattie Parrigon, 11:17.14.
* 4x400 relay: Zebert, Ashley, Mattie Parrigon, and Merriman, 4:26.83.
* Triple jump: Osborn, 31.25.
The Pierce City boys' results are as follows:
* 4x200 relay: Jordan Saffer, Wayne Joe Sooter, Cedric O'Hara and Cody Cox, 1:34.48
* 4x100 relay: Chance Chapman, Saffer, O'Hara and Cox, 45.57.
* 200-meter dash: O'Hara, 22.08.
* 200-meter dash: Cox 23.56.
* Discus: Zach Crouch, 124.3.
The track and field teams will be in action next Tuesday at home for Hillbilly Days. Events are set to begin at 4 p.m.