Authorities in Lawrence County have taken five people into custody after the discovery of a meth lab in a house near LaRussell.
Authorities were called to the location yesterday by an off duty deputy from another county who had been trailing what turned out to be a stolen vehicle. Five suspects were taken into custody. They were:
* Jessica Breckenridge, 24, Ozark, felony manufacture of a controlled substance.
* Marcie L. Carstairs, 34, Springfield, felony manufacture of a controlled substance.
* Vicky L. Kendrick, 44, Theodosia, felony possession of a controlled substance.
* Michael R. Nichols, 38, Springfield, manufacture of a controlled substance, receiving stolen property and a warrant from Polk County for dangerous drugs, all felonies.
* Carrie D. Weeks, 28, Springfield, felony manufacture of a controlled substance.
All five suspects were taken to the Lawrence County Jail and placed on a 24-hour hold.
The Misouri State Highway Patrol is assisting with the investigation. A hazmat team has been called to dismantle the lab.