Members of the Barry County Tax Board for the Developmentally Disabled approved a number of grant requests at their Nov. 9 meeting.
Grants approved include:
* Community Support Services in Cassville, $14,138 for a resource specialist for 2011.
* Drury University Music Therapy, $61,727 for clients in Barry County to participate in the music therapy program.
* Monett Area Extended Employment Workshop, $72,527.40 for transportation services for Barry County clients as offered through the OATS program.
* Joplin Regional Center, $72,200, for habilitative services for Barry County clients.
* The Barry-Lawrence Developmental Center, $27,000 for transportation and pre-vocational training and therapies.
* Camp Barnabas, $11,050, for camp scholarships to Barry County clients.
* Lawrence County Tax Board for the Developmentally Disabled, $500, a Resource Provider Fair partnership scheduled to take place in March 2011 in Monett. The fair will give caregivers and parents the opportunity to access information from multiple resources at one time.