100 YEARS AGO
Nov. 11, 1910
* The Frisco has returned to the three-cent rate on its line in Arkansas as far south as Fort Smith and after Dec. 18 will charge three cents per mile for passengers in all parts of the state. Other railroads have been charging three cents for several months.
EIGHTY YEARS AGO
Nov. 11, 1930
* Prizes have been awarded a pupil in each of the four ward schools for the best fire inspection on fire hazards in the homes during national Fire Prevention Week. Prizes of $1.35 each were given by the Monett Kiwanis Club.
SEVENTY YEARS AGO
Nov. 11, 1940
* Lester Bressie was inducted into membership of the Monett Kiwanis Club today by Kiwanian Merrill Woods.
* Earl Callaway's setter Black River Ben recently won the shooting dog stat at the southwest Missouri trials near Golden City.
SIXTY YEARS AGO
Nov. 11, 1950
* A pickup truck belonging to Howard Parker was badly damaged Thursday when it was struck by a Springfield produce truck when the driver fell asleep at the wheel. There were no injuries.
* V.B. Hall motored to Columbia today to attend Day's Day at the Beta Theta Pi fraternity house. Viga Hall Jr. is a student at Missouri University, and Miss Mary Bell is a student at Stephen's College there.
FIFTY YEARS AGO
Nov. 11, 1960
* Shelby Bourne, formerly of Monett, is in charge of the managerial details of the new Broadway Shopping Center in Columbia. Bourne moved to Columbia to manager the Uptown Theater after managing the Gillioz and Ozark Drive-In Theaters here.
* The recently completed Assembly of God church building at Purdy will be dedicated Monday night.
FORTY YEARS AGO
Nov. 11, 1970
* A reception was held ain the third floor lounge of St. Vincent's Hospital for Mr. and Mrs. Lon Schhieszer in honor of their 60th wedding anniversary.
* Twelve seniors on the Monett Cubs football team will play their last game this week. The Cubs go into the game in Carthage with a 5-4 record. The seniors are David Mayer, Rod Anderson, Danny Eckenroad, Robert Hilton, Doug Stanley, Ron Claybough, Leo Priest, Gary Hensley, Joel McCaffrey, Ron Sullivan, Rod Barekman, and Steve Fisher.
THIRTY YEARS AGO
Nov. 11, 1980
* Monett High School senior Shelly Weber will be among 18 area young women competing for the title of Miss South Missouri at the pageant on Saturday in Neosho.
* Pierce City aldermen accepted a bid of $2,050 for the 10-acre former city dump. The board refused a bid of $2,725 a year ago.
TWENTY YEARS AGO
Nov. 11, 1990
* Efforts on four separate fronts to improve Monett's present water supply and to assure for adequate water in the future were reviewed by Water Superintendent Pete Rauch at Friday's Monett City Council meeting.
* Members of the Monett High School graduating class of 1942 recently marked their 48th reunion with a full weekend of events. Thirty-five classmates attended.
TEN YEARS AGO
Nov. 11, 2000
* At the 20th annual Little Miss and Little Mister Merry Christmas pageant held at Monett Middle School Auditorium, Evan Willard, son of Don and Lynn Willard, and Kylie Vaught, daughter of Chad and Stephanie Vaught, were named to the honor.
* Mildred Tinklepaugh, of Monett, who taught in the Monett School District for 30 years, died at age 84.