EIGHTY YEARS AGO
Aug. 11, 1930
* Miss Helen Gillioz, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. M.E. Gillioz, 416 Frisco Ave., and Walter H. Reynaud, son of Mr. and Mrs. J.J. Reynaud, 415 Lincoln, were married Sunday afternoon at the Waldensian Presbyterian Church.
* Mrs. Ray Fagan left Sunday for Warrensburg where she will spend several weeks with Mr. Fagan.
SEVENTY YEARS AGO
Aug. 11, 1940
* Miss Ruth Douglas visited yesterday at the home of Mr. and Mrs. C.A. Rose. Miss Douglas has been working in Boston, Mass., during the summer but was recently called home by the serious illness of her father.
* Ship-By-Frisco Week opens in Monett tomorrow and will continue through all of next week. The highlight of the week will be a huge parade and speaking Monday night.
SIXTY YEARS AGO
Aug. 11, 1950
* George Smith, former deputy sheriff of Barry County, is still confined to his home in Cassville from injuries sustained when he became entangled in a rope while leading a cow last week.
* An advance detachment from Battery D of the National Guard left this morning to prepare the way for the Monett unit's summer camp at Fort Leonard Wood.
FIFTY YEARS AGO
Aug. 11, 1960
* Edwin Jerome was named as the new Monett city clerk at a special meeting of the Monett City Council this morning at the city hall.
* Both the Democratic and Republican conventions in Barry County will be held in Cassville on Aug. 16 to elect the chairmen, vice chairmen, secretaries and treasurers for both parties.
FORTY YEARS AGO
Aug. 11, 1970
* Mr. and Mrs. Ron Kleiboeker, Mark and Steve, of Kansas City, arrived Friday to attend the Pierce City Centennial and to visit her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Ray Carver, of Pierce City, and his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Arno Kleiboeker, of Monett.
* Visiting here with Mrs. Elizabeth Welsh and other relatives and friends have been Joe Maher, of Kansas City, Mr. and Mrs. Jim Larken, of St. Louis, Mr. and Mrs. Eddie Carr, of Rolla, and Mr. and Mrs. Gene Hixson, of Dayton, Ohio.
THIRTY YEARS AGO
Aug. 11, 1980
* Changes in personnel at Camden Health Care Center in Monett have been announced with Kerry Soncrant named as the new administrator and Mrs. Mary Wellbaum, registered nurse, named as the new director of nursing.
* Paul Beisser III, of Colorado Springs, Colo., son of Mr. and Mrs. Paul T. Beisser Jr., of Monett, finished in 10th place in yesterday's Pikes Peak Marathon. TWENTY YEARS AGO
Aug. 11, 1990
* Kristy Majors, daughter of Tom and Kathy Majors, and a junior at Pierce City High School, was crowned last night as queen of the annual Howdy Neighbor Days festivities in Pierce City.
* Mr. and Mrs. Fred Moller, of Purdy, have just received word that their daughter, Nicole, has been accepted into the Who's Who Among American High School Students.
TEN YEARS AGO
Aug. 11, 2000
* Work will begin on Monday on the tunnel, the connection under Highway 37 between the Monett Municipal Golf Course and South Park. As work picks up in the coming days, traffic on South Highway 37 will be cut back to single lane use.
* Construction crews this morning unearthed a second 500-gallon gasoline tank from the mouth of the Sixth Street parking lot, where it had been installed for Wagner's Garage around 1928.