The Monett Water Thrashers placed second in a field of 11 teams at the Joplin Invitational swim meet over the weekend, despite taking only 35 of the 150 swimmers on the squad's roster. Host Joplin won the meet, and Nevada was third.
"We did very well with lots of great key swims to get second," said Coach Christin Janssen of her team.
|Tandi Glouse won seven individual events in the 15-18 girls division to pace the Monett swim club.|
Several Monett swimmers placed in the individual high point category, including: 6-and-under girls, Claudia Johnston, first, and Bridie Finch, second; 13-to-14 girls, Maddy Glouse, first; 15-to-18 girls, Tandi Glouse, first, and Sophie Fulton, second; and 15-to-18 boys, Al Dohmen, second.
|Thrashers who finished in the top three of their events included:|
* Al Dohmen, boys 15-18 200 free, third, 50 free, second, 50 back, first, 200 IM, second, 50 fly, third, 100 free, first, and 50 breast, third.
* Bridie Finch, girls 6-and under, 50 free, first, and 50 back, first.
|* Sophie Fulton, girls 15-18, 50 free third, 50 back, third, 200 IM, third, 50 fly, third, 100 free, third, and 50 breast, third.|
|* Maddy Glouse, girls 13-14, 50 free, second, 200 IM, first, 50 fly, third, 100 free, second, and 50 breast, first|
|* Tandi Glouse, girls 15-18, 200 free, first, 50 free, first, 50 back, first, 200 IM, first, 50 fly, first, 100 free, first, and 50 breast, first.|
* Claudia Johnston, girls 6-and-under, 50 free, second, and 50 fly, first.
* Daniel Addleman, boys 11-12, 50 free, first.
* Sammie Bean, girls 6-and-under, 50 back, second.
* Daniel Bryan, boys 15-18, 200 IM, third.
* Mary Grace Cowherd, girls 8-and-under, 50 back, third, and 50 fly, third.
* Amanda Mullen, girls 13-14, 50 breast, third.
* Jonah Paszek, boys 11-12, 50 free, third.
|The Thrashers will compete at the Pittsburg (Kan.) Invitational this weekend on June 26 and 27.|