The Monett Times brought home a total of seven statewide awards from the 2010 Best Advertising Ideas Contest sponsored by the Missouri Advertising Managers Association (MAMA).
Scott Grissom, graphic artist, and Teresa Barb, composition manager, both received awards for their exceptional design work during 2009. The awards were presented during a special reception hosted in the award winners' honor by MAMA at Lodge of the Four Seasons at Lake of the Ozarks.
Grissom received one of the top individual honors, earning second place in the Best Ad Designer category for weekly newspapers.
"This award was based on the collection of ads and publications Scott submitted for the contest," said Lisa Schlichtman, editor of The Monett Times. "Receiving this award is a huge honor and is definitely well deserved."
In addition, Barb and Grissom received a second place award for Best Newspaper-Produced Insert. The insert was the 2009 Basketball Preview, which was a new product for The Monett Times.
Other awards were as follows:
* First place for Best Single House Ad, "Cat Got Your Tongue?", created by Grissom.
* Third place for Best Single House Ad, "Texting While Driving," created by Grissom.
* Honorable mention for Best Single House Ad, "Things Fly in the Classifieds," created by Grissom.
* Third place for Best Ad Smaller than a Full Page, "Mocha Jo's Coffee Café," created by Grissom.
* Third place for Best Shared Signature Page, "Monett Times Football Contest," created by Grissom.
"I am proud of the awards Scott and Teresa earned, and I am continually impressed with their ability to create eye-catching and effective advertisements that bring about results for our advertisers," said Schlichtman. "I have always known that The Monett Times has one of the best graphic design teams in the region, and these awards prove that."