For the first time in school history, the Purdy Eagles' girls track team have won the Ozark 7 Conference track title. The event was held May 4 at Thomas Jefferson.
The Wheaton girls placed second at the meet, and Southwest finished thirrd.
Purdy girls results
* First place: Madeline Tae, shot put; 4x200 relay team of Kaitlyn Carpenter, Tori Wood, Mattie White and Kristyn Cornman; 4x100 relay team of Carpenter, Belem Ibarra, Cornman and Katie Hughes; and Audrey Patton, 3,200-meter run.
* Second place: Katie Hughes, high jump and long jump; Kristyn Cornman, triple jump; Belem Ibarra, 100-meter dash and 100-meter hurdles; Audrey Patton, 800- meter run and 1,600-meter run; and 4x400 relay team of Cornman, Ibarra, Patton and Carpenter.
* Third place: Mattie White, shot put, 100-meter hurdles and 300-meter hurdles; and Delores Merida, triple jump.
The Purdy boys finished third overall with Southwest taking first and Wheaton finishing in second place.
Purdy boys results
* Second place: Landon Terry, high jump; Josiah Jones, 800-meter run; and 4x400 relay team of Josh Antle, Scott Klein, Josiah Jones and Corey Kelley.
* Third place: Austin Hancock, triple jump; 4x100 relay team of Josh Antle, Joab Salazar, Landon Terry and Austin Hancock; Josh Antle, 400-meter run; Scott Klein, 800-meter run; and Josiah Jones, 3,200-meter run.
The Verona boys finished fourth with 40 points, and the girls team placed sixth with 12 points.
Conference champions for Verona included: Cody Ernsberger, who won both the 100-meter and 200-meter dashes; and Welters, who finished first in the discus.