Members of the 2010 Class include: Kathy Eden, Jack Henry & Associates; Coleen Ferdig, IDF; Steven Jones, EFCO, a Pella Company; Gerry Mann, EFCO, a Pella Company; Jamie Stephens, Monett License Office; Meghan Thomas, First State Bank of Purdy; Jason Gilbert, Schreiber Foods, Inc.; Jeff Wright, Tyson Foods; Julie Vaughn, Vaughn Companies; Julie Germann, Monett R-1 School District; and Missy Paszek, Century 21 Properties Unlimited.
The retreat took place on March 11 and 12 and involved a number of team-building and leadership development activities.
According to Suzy McElmurry, chamber executive director, the retreat had six main objectives, which included:
* To understand the mission of Leadership Monett and the Leadership Monett Alumni group.
* To acquire leadership development training.
* To participate in a personal study and apply the results to leadership style and interaction with team members.
* To discuss community topics and possible class projects.
* To develop camaraderie with fellow class members through team activities and recreation time.
* To generate motivation for the Leadership Monett program.
During the retreat, class members had the opportunity to hear two presentations from community members. Dr. John Jungmann, Monett R-1 superintendent, spoke to the group about "Leadership and the Community," and Mike Farquhar, EFCO president, spoke on "Servant Leadership."
In addition, Jane Swortwood with Seeking Success Consulting led several group sessions that focused on: "Getting to Know You;" "Team Challenges and Problem Solving;" and "Understanding Personalities."
Class members also took a trip to Upper Edge Adventures to participate in a ropes course and other activities aimed at building teamwork.
Leadership Monett participants will now continue their training during twice-a-month sessions through June. A special graduation celebration will be held June 15.
Leadership Monett was created four years ago by the chamber to provide and enhance "the foundation for great business and community leaders with targeted and specialized training in an affordable and accessible manner."