A lengthy agenda of business has been scheduled for the monthly meeting of the Monett City Council at 9:30 a.m. on Friday in council chambers at city hall. Clerk Janie Knight has listed the following items:
* Public discussion and final passage of: the new water rate ordinance; the city budget for fiscal year 2010-11, which will begin April 1; and an amendment to the city budget for 2009-10, which ends March 31.
* Passage of an ordinance approving a one-time pay adjustment for city employees for fiscal year 2009-10.
* Passage of an ordinance authorizing payment of funds to the Monett Chamber of Commerce for support of a main street coordinator.
* Passage of an ordinance authorizing the mayor to sign a State Block Grant agreement.
* Presentation of employee service awards.
* Consideration of bids for broker services on health and life insurance.
* Review of parking lot leases for the lot of Fifth Street.
* Consideration of an agreement with MDC Computer Company to provide managed network services will be considered.
* Appointments will be made to the Board of Adjustments and Planning and Zoning Commission.
* Consideration of a demolition recommendation from the Monett Building Board.
The council will also hear from a citizen who is suggesting the city adopt an official city flower. Mayor Jim Orr may also ask department heads for a summary of recent work.
The meeting is open to the public.