EIGHTY YEARS AGO
February 10, 1930
* Irwin Williams, who has been studying illustration at the art school, Ecole des Beaux Arts in Paris, France, returned home Friday night. After being at home awhile, he plans to go to Boulder, Colo., to resume his studies at the university there.
* Miss Hazel Caudle, Miss Edith Linebarger, Miss Martha Kinell and Miss Mabel Spilman went to Mt. Vernon on Sunday to a BYPU meeting.
|SEVENTY YEARS AGO|
February 10, 1940
* George Jeff is recuperating nicely from a major appendectomy performed recently at a Springfield hospital. He is able to be up and around some.
* Miss Priscilla Bradford's debating team presented a demonstration debate before E.E. Camp's American Problems class Friday morning. The question for the debate team was "Resolved that the Federal Government Should Own and Operate the Railroads."
SIXTY YEARS AGO
February 10, 1950
* Little Janz Bass, three-year-old son of Mr. and Mrs. Glennon Bass, has been confined to his home at 1007 Ninth St. this week with an ear ache and cold.
* Members of the agriculture class are preparing the high school athletic field for coming events. One hundred tons of good dirt and 12 tons of fertilizer are being spread for a seed bed.
FIFTY YEARS AGO
February 10, 1960
* Twenty Lutheran pastors of the Western District Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod attended a counselors meeting and workshop, held Monday through Friday at the Trinity Lutheran Church in Freistatt.
* Nominated to fill four vacancies on the Monett Chamber of Commerce board are Don Crossland, Ray Davis, George Eberle, H.C. Hall, Joe Harrison, Gordon Knight, Rex Lane and Almon Maus.
|FORTY YEARS AGO|
February 10, 1970
* Plans are being made for the formation of a community choir in Monett.
* Olivia Anne Kennedy, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Kennedy, of Purdy, and Marilyn Lawrence, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Sullivan, of Monett, were listed in the Dean's Honor Roll at the School of the Ozarks in Point Lookout.
THIRTY YEARS AGO
February 10, 1980
* A donation of $500 toward initial expenses of the recently established Monett Area Youth Center was approved by Monett Jaycees at the regular meeting last night.
* Possible plans for rebuilding of the MHS Athletic Building, to include an expansion of approximately 20 feet to the north and to incorporate energy saving features, were reviewed at last night's meeting of the Monett R-1 Board of Education.
TWENTY YEARS AGO
February 10, 1990
* Asphalting work on Dairy Street in Monett as part of the bridge replacement project began yesterday.
* Jason Van Eaton, a senior at Monett High School, has been recommended by Senator Jack Danforth as a finalist in competition for appointment to the United States Naval Academy at Annapolis, Md. He is the son of Bill and Linda Van Eaton.
TEN YEARS AGO
February 10, 2000
* Fire and smoke ran through the Black Kettle Restaurant in Monett, not once, but twice, last night and this morning as an electrical fire claimed both the kitchen and a storage room in the rear of the facility.
* Development of the Monett Municipal Airport as a future industrial center for the Monett area received the central attention of the City of Monett's Industrial Development Authority during `its February meeting.