EIGHTY YEARS AGO
January 15, 1930
* Mr. and Mrs. Homer Lee, who travel with a circus band, are in Monett for a short visit.
* Mrs. J.E. Campbell left Monett on Saturday for her new home in Little Rock, Arkansas.
SIXTY YEARS AGO
January 15, 1950
* The new 1950 Plymouth will go on display in Monett tomorrow, it has been announced.
* Marjorie Cuendet will be formally installed as worthy advisor for the Order of the Rainbow for Girls in a public ceremony on Thursday at the Masonic Temple in Monett.
FIFTY YEARS AGO
January 15, 1960
* Jim Richardson and Jim Sperry, of Monett, won first place trophies in a Sports Car Club of America rally in Springfield for navigation and driving.
* Rev. and Mrs. David Emery, of DeSoto, were overnight guests in the home of Mr. and Mrs. J.H. Rutherford in Monett.
FORTY YEARS AGO
January 15, 1970
* A second place trophy in poetry was won by Debbie Elwell of Monett High School in the seventh annual Hawthorne Speech Tournament in Springfield on Friday.
* A Mt. Vernon soldier, Sergeant Ronald Williams, has received two awards for heroism in Vietnam.
THIRTY YEARS AGO
January 15, 1980
* Nearly a half million dollars were collected at the Monett City office, including taxes and other income, during the month of December, it has been reported.
* Improving their dual record to 5-4 for the season, the Monett Cubs wrestling team took a 40-30 victory over Cassville last night.
TWENTY YEARS AGO
January 15, 1990
* An ordinance changing the designation of the former police parking area on the south side of Bond Street was adopted by the Monett City Council yesterday.
* Plans to open a new business, PopInGo Video, in Monett have been announced by owners Steve and Mary Graves.
TEN YEARS AGO
January 15, 2000
* Monett's composting and recycling programs will complete a major overhaul next week as both operations combine and move from distant ends of town to a central location on the old ice plant grounds.
* The city of Monett and two Monett industries have planned a town hall meeting to provide information to the public concerning Monett's Risk Management Program.