Plans are complete for Monett's annual Christmas parade, slated for Saturday at 10 a.m. Sponsored by the Monett Chamber of Commerce, the parade will have "Christmas on Broadway" as the theme for floats and judging.
Participants should line up at Eighth and Broadway at 9 a.m. Grand Marshal Dayton Mackey and volunteers from the Kiwanis Club will direct entries to their positions.
Late entries are welcome but will not be eligible for judging, said Leonard Witt, parade chairman.
The parade will proceed west down Broadway to First Street. Judges will view floats, bands, marching units, classic vehicles and equestrian units as they pass the grandstand at Fourth and Broadway. Awards will be handed out after the parade at the Chamber office.
Mike Garrett will serve as master of ceremonies, announcing the units as they pass.
"It should be a perfect day for Christmas on Broadway," said Witt, "not too warm but not too cold. We've got lots of floats, lots of motorcycles, lots of cars and a lot of royalty. I think it will be a real nice parade."
A number of merchants will be serving hot chocolate and coffee after the parade.
The Monett Historical Society will have the museum at 705 E. Broadway open on Saturday with volunteers dressed as historic Harvey Girls serving hot chocolate to visitors. A variety of new exhibits will be on display at the museum as well.
The parade line-up is listed below:
* Color Guard from Monett veterans organizations.
* Santa Claus on Monett fire truck.
* Monett High School Marching Pride Band.
* Monett High School Homecoming Queen Sara Hammond and her court.
* KidsXcape Childcare Center "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" float.
* 1930 McCormick Deering 22-36 antique tractor from Kelly Bremer.
* Monett Historical Society in a 1956 Ford F-100 truck.
* Southwest Area Career Center childcare preschool float.
* 1929 Chrysler DeSoto from Scott Gwinn.
* Monett Cub Scouts Pack 140 marching unit.
* St. Lawrence Catholic School float.
* 1995 Chevrolet rollback truck from Ed Jones Wrecker Service.
* Camp Barnabas van.
* Bikers Against Child Abuse motorcycle group.
* Nativity scene float from Sammie King.
* 1949 Buick Super from Tom Mullins.
* Walking coffee mugs from Mocha's Jo's Coffee Café.
* Purdy High School Marching Eagles band.
* Purdy High School Mister and Miss Merry Christmas and candidates.
* First Baptist Church in Monett float.
* 1969 Chevrolet Corvette from Don Cole
* Truck from Aaron's Sales and Lease.
* Barry County Fair Board float.
* Barry County Fair Queen Shelby Davidson.
* "Winter Wonder Land" float from People First of Barry and Lawrence counties.
* Lawrence County Fair Queen Paige Wallace.
* Two trucks from the Monett Rural Fire Department.
* Eagle Riders motorcycle group.
* "Christmas Then and Now" float from Temple Baptist Church.
* Rocky Comfort Sugar Babies Red Hat Society float.
* Wheaton Spirit Band.
* Wheaton High School Miss Merry Christmas and her court.
* Trinity Lutheran School basketball girls.
* "Bugle Boy from Company B" float from Tom Wolfe Memorial VFW Post 4207 and Disabled American Veterans Chapter 64.
* Vehicles from the Fairview Antique Auto Club.
* Float from the Cornerstone Riding School.
* Jeeps and trucks from the Rock Crawlers 4x4 Club.
* Southwest Area Career Center Junior ROTC marching unit with garrison flag.
* Monett High School Miss Merrie Christmas Whitney Dahlstrom and her court.
* "The Beginning" float from Closer Walk Christian Center.
* Two decorated golf carts from Burton and Sons.
* Barry County 4-H float.
* Monett Area YMCA decorated Fun Bus.
* Monett Church of the Nazarene Praise Team float.
* Little Mister and Miss Merry Christmas from the Purdy Parents as Teachers.
* PW 50 Yamaha and Suzuki 50 from Karter Brink and Caleb Hall.
* "A Christmas Story" float from Monett Health Care Center.
* "Make a Joyful Noise on Broadway" choir and marching unit from First Baptist Church in Pierce City.
* 1954 original fleet truck from Tri-State Motor Transit.
* New Site Riders motorcycle group.
* "White Christmas" float from the Monett FFA Chapter.
* 1955 John Deere 70 tractor from Alan Obermann.
* Equestrian unit from Todd Harry.
* Larry Julian from Mr. J's Tuxedos in Aurora on a mule.
* Three horses from Tim Ehlers and Matt Harris.
* Four horses from Ronnie Myers.
Santa Claus will meet with children at the grandstand at Fourth and Broadway after the parade to hear Christmas wishes.