SEVENTY YEARS AGO
November 25, 1939
* Ninety-two members of the Moulin Rouge theatrical company had lunch in Monett cafes yesterday as the special train of five cars for the company was handled by the Frisco yards here.
* Wednesday marked the close of the year for the Monett Garden Club with a luncheon held at the home of the retiring president, Mrs. H.A. Gardner.
SIXTY YEARS AGO
November 25, 1949
* The Shipwreck Party given by the Monett Lions Club last night in honor of their wives at the Casino was enjoyed by 116 members, wives and guests.
* Drilling the holes for anchor bolts on which to fasten Christmas decorations for Monett was started yesterday by Glennon Bass and Eugene Vigneaux.
FIFTY YEARS AGO
November 25, 1959
* Plentiful deer, good hunting conditions and a record number of deer hunters combined to make the Missouri 1959 gun deer season a record breaker.
* Diane Wilks, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Wilks, has been selected as Miss Merrie Christmas at Pierce City High School.
FORTY YEARS AGO
November 25, 1969
* A petition presented to the Aurora City Council by a former street department employee asking that the city manager be fired has been taken under advisement by the council.
* Wanda Finn, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Willis Finn, has been named as Miss Merrie Christmas at Monett High School.
THIRTY YEARS AGO
November 25, 1979
* Vernal Caldwell has been named the new manager at Friend Tire Service Center in Monett.
* Rev. Otis Divine, pastor of the First Baptist Church in Monett, is scheduled to leave Monday for Haiti where he will be preaching and teaching as a missionary.
TWENTY YEARS AGO
November 25, 1989
* Cathy Doss has been elected president of a new organization, Friends of the Library, formed to improve the Barry-Lawrence Regional Library branch in Monett.
* A work night has been set for Monday to prepare downtown Christmas decorations for Monett, according to Gayle Bruner, retail chairman for the Monett Chamber of Commerce.
TEN YEARS AGO
November 25, 1999
* City officials looked over plans for renovations in downtown Monett at a public hearing on the Neighborhood Improvement District.
* Sister Jane Michele McClure, admissions counselor for Marian Heights Academy in Ferdinand, Indiana, will be in Monett on December 1 to make a presentation at St. Lawrence Catholic School.